T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

i need a new printhead for my HM1 and find the £450 they charge in the uk a bit of a joke when you guys in the USA get them for atleast half that amount

i have just been reading a thread were they were saying to just buy an epsom 1900 printer and pull the head

is this true? can this be done?

also is there any other epsom models that the print heads can be pulled on to fit the HM1 ? a 2880/4880 perhaps?

any help would be greatfully recieved and could save me a packet

regards,

mark

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
As stated above. It's the DX5 printhead.

Reactions: minority1

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello Vervyerver1, How hard is it to use the 4880 head in the HM1 as the 2400 does not print that great?

Hello Minority1 we buy our 2400 printheads & capping station from a company in yorkshire for £180 (printhead, approx) + VAT Express Group Ltd - home You need your Epson serial chassis number and printhead serial code from your present printhead.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Vervyerver1, How hard is it to use the 4880 head in the HM1 as the 2400 does not print that great?

Hello Minority1 we buy our 2400 printheads & capping station from a company in yorkshire for £180 (printhead, approx) + VAT Express Group Ltd - home You need your Epson serial chassis number and printhead serial code from your present printhead.
thats a bit more acceptable price wise :D

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Same printhead in 1900, 2000, 2400, 2880, 4800, 4880.
DX5. Buying a DX5 under the 4880 label will not improve your printing.
Probably more expensive as a 4880 head than a 2400 head. Entering the ranking code off the printhead thru the Epson adjustment program may help some. A good printhead alignment will for sure help. Head height is critical. Should be 2mm. As close as possible without brushing the head. Platen leveling is a must.

·
Registered
648 Posts
As Screenking said, express group for the printhead and get a new capping station as well (bout £35). YES will want around £400 plus for exactly the same part and this is why I won't touch the DTG brand whenever I come to get a new machine. I always replace the tubing as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts