T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at trying some sublimation and was looking at printers. I see the sawgrass and Epson eco tank are talked about regularly. Sam's clubs has the Epson 2760 eco tank for $250. Is this a decent printer to start with or should I look at another option?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I bought one from Sam's Club also. I like it a lot for sublimation, but find it too small. I then bought an Epson ET 15000 and found that so much better for printing larger sizes. I print a lot of 11 x 17. You're so limited with 8.5 x 11 if you're doing larger size t-shirts. Right now I just storing my Epson 2760 in my closet for now, I still have sublimation ink in it too. Haven't decided what to do with it, might just give it away. Something to consider about the inks, is that Sawgrass inks are so, so expensive and they are cartridges too. Not sure how long they would last. I use Cosmos ink and it is so much more cheaper, and the colors are great.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
15,026 Posts
I bought one from Sam's Club also. I like it a lot for sublimation, but find it too small. I then bought an Epson ET 15000 and found that so much better for printing larger sizes. I print a lot of 11 x 17. You're so limited with 8.5 x 11 if you're doing larger size t-shirts.
I 2nd getting a larger format printer. You will regret not being able to print larger images almost immediately.

Right now I just storing my Epson 2760 in my closet for now, I still have sublimation ink in it too. Haven't decided what to do with it, might just give it away.
You can dump the ink in your 2760 and replace it with pigment ink to use for transfers for cotton, shipping labels, invoices, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Ok so after talking to by buddy he has a Epson WF-7610. That he is going to give me.. so is there a recommendation on which bulk ink system to purchase ?
Be warned, if he ran regular ink through the printer, you're going to have to do a lot of flushing before you can use it for sublimation. You don't want regular ink and sublimation ink together. I would also make sure the printer hasn't been sitting around and the print head clogged up. Run a test print before you start the change over. Replacing print heads can get expensive and frustrating. You'll have enough frustration dialing in your first prints and presses. Trying to rule out used printer issues can make it a lot worse!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
The Epson Eco Tank printers are very good. Pretty much a CISS without all the hassles of retrofitting a CISS.

I have both the Epson ET Series A4 and the A3, and the smaller A4 is the workhorse. The A3 is important for the larger print jobs, but I do find 70% of what I do will fit on an A4 sheet. BUT... the other 30% necessitates having the A3 printer. Also note the A4 can print Matte at High Quality, the A3 Matte is STD only.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top