T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
My epson 1400 is down so i'm about to purchase either an hp 7000 or an epson 1100. which would you prefer to print film postives? From what i've read about the two the epson has pigment ink. Is this ink ok to print positives on film? Can I use dye inks in the epson? I had a ciss with the 1400 and to be honest I'm not sure what kind of ink was in it. It was cheap ink so I assume it was dye. It printed great positives but want to get away from the ciss. need help asap, will be purchasing in the next day or so.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you? Will the pigment inks the epson comes with be fine to print my positives? I'll replace them with dye ink at a later time I just got some shirts I have to print this week and don't have to wait for them to be shipped.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I use HP laserjets 1020 and 5200 They work great. They work great for half tone images. I've been using 85 lpi with no problems. I also use Casey's Better Than Vellum for my positives.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for the responses. I contacted epson and there gonna replace my 1400 even though I don't have my receipt. Can't complain about that but I'm still gonna get the 1100 bc the 1400 won't be here on time for me to complete my shirts order. I figure I might convert the 1100 to sublimation later!

·
Registered
55 Posts
We use an HP Laserjet 8150, and we use the casey's page mill vellum and film. ;) I found the printer for 85 dollars on craigslist, toner is close to 200 dollars but lasts very long....
It can print up to 11*17 and its a postscript printer

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i have a epson 1100 workforce and it works great for me..i always get the non post script error. but i print films and burn screens perfectly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What settings do you use on the 1100? What type of film do you use? Do you have to double up? I will be testing out the Caseys Ultra Chrome film. My Epson has pigment based ink. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you? Will the pigment inks the epson comes with be fine to print my positives? I'll replace them with dye ink at a later time I just got some shirts I have to print this week and don't have to wait for them to be shipped.
careful, as changing from pigment dye or vise versa will clog the print head and/or damage it

·
Registered
21 Posts
What settings do you use on the 1100? What type of film do you use? Do you have to double up? I will be testing out the Caseys Ultra Chrome film. My Epson has pigment based ink. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
make the black in your art cmyk:63,52,51,100 and turn the saturation up, or if your color ink now has black in it you can change it to 70,70,70,100 and turn the saturation up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts