T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had asked someone to buy a heat press machine with everything needed but he only bought and shipped the machine. Here an image to the link

http://www.ashbimicro.com/images/HeatPress/Pic3.jpg

Now I have problem. It means I need to buy a printer to print the images and the papers too. Sadly I don't know what what printer to buy, colors, or what are the papers called.

Does anyone have any idea?

Can I buy just a simple HP office color printer? If so, then what kind of papers and ink brands do I have to buy?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
T-shirts are printed with a specialty ink found in most Epson printers. It's known as pigment ink. Everyday office printers have dye based ink which will bleed when washed; pigment ink will not & will also be more durable. Depending on the size of the heat press, you have 2 choices & both are Epsons. If you're going to be doing transfers no larger than 8x10 you should get a C88+. I've had 2 over a period of 6 yrs. & have never had an issue with either. If you're going to be doing larger transfers, get an Epson Workforce model. These printers will print as large as 13x19. As for paper, I've always used ironall brand with great results. There are others that prefer JPSS or Neenah. When you need ink, you can find pigment ink @ 4inkjets.com. in all colors which will be black, cyan, yellow & magenta. Some printers will have additional colors depending on the model. It's not necessary to buy Epson ink. It's very expensive compared to other online retailers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T-shirts are printed with a specialty ink found in most Epson printers. It's known as pigment ink. Everyday office printers have dye based ink which will bleed when washed; pigment ink will not & will also be more durable. Depending on the size of the heat press, you have 2 choices & both are Epsons. If you're going to be doing transfers no larger than 8x10 you should get a C88+. I've had 2 over a period of 6 yrs. & have never had an issue with either. If you're going to be doing larger transfers, get an Epson Workforce model. These printers will print as large as 13x19. As for paper, I've always used ironall brand with great results. There are others that prefer JPSS or Neenah. When you need ink, you can find pigment ink @ 4inkjets.com. in all colors which will be black, cyan, yellow & magenta. Some printers will have additional colors depending on the model. It's not necessary to buy Epson ink. It's very expensive compared to other online retailers.

Thanks so much. I definitely have a much better idea now. In-fact I will take your word for it and buy everything according to your instructions.

I just chatted with a live agent in 4inkjets.com and they said, they don't ship internationally. I'm from Switzerland. So, this is a a problem. But I will try to find other supplier.

I just asked the printer manufacturer also, because I don't understand what you said about 8x10 and 13x19 (I have no idea). They only told me that it is A4 size, and I confirmed that the machine is able to transfer images as big as the A4 size paper.

So my AIM now is to buy

1. EPSON printer which supports pigmented ink
  2. JPSS or Neenah papers ( A4 sizes )
  3. any pigmented INK with colors black, cyan, yellow & magenta
One last thing, I am buying a tshirts from Polo Shirts, T Shirts, Hoodies and More at Wholesale Prices
They sell very affordable shirts. I am only buying a regular white/black shirt. So, if you have any idea where I can get better price, feel free to let me know.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.