T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a few designs on my lap top and want to start a t shirt business so im shopping around for the best equipment for my needs. ATM cant afford a DTG or anything like that so looking towards either a inkjet or laser just not sure. I like to print my designs on both light and hopefully dark garments. Im also looking for repeat customers so would like it to last a while as I been told laser prints only last 24 to 36 washers not sure if true or not. I also been told that having a top heat press helps alot with quality but will look into that in another post for now just like to get a few opinions from guys that have been in the industry for many years.
Cheers

· Registered
782 Posts
Hi I have a few designs on my lap top and want to start a t shirt business so im shopping around for the best equipment for my needs. ATM cant afford a DTG or anything like that so looking towards either a inkjet or laser just not sure. I like to print my designs on both light and hopefully dark garments. Im also looking for repeat customers so would like it to last a while as I been told laser prints only last 24 to 36 washers not sure if true or not. I also been told that having a top heat press helps alot with quality but will look into that in another post for now just like to get a few opinions from guys that have been in the industry for many years.
Cheers
I have both a Laser and Inkjet. I am not sure about the wash difference between the 2 but the colors are a lot better on my laser then my inkjet. The JPSS paper is hard to be for inkjet, but the colors really pop on the Imageclip Laser Light. As for the darks, I haven't found anything salable for dark garments. I'm still looking.

CalhTech>

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have both a Laser and Inkjet. I am not sure about the wash difference between the 2 but the colors are a lot better on my laser then my inkjet. The JPSS paper is hard to be for inkjet, but the colors really pop on the Imageclip Laser Light. As for the darks, I haven't found anything salable for dark garments. I'm still looking.

CalhTech>
Ah ok so no good for the darks do u know roughly how many washers until the ink starts to fade on the shirts?

· Registered
782 Posts
Ah ok sweet so im guessing some of the black shirts I see are not done by laser/inkjet printers?
Some of the dark transfers look good, but feel like crap. After I got my laser I tried some samples of the FOREVER products, but could never get these transfers to work. After reading about others perils with these I decided to get some blank samples and some pre-printed samples and try for myself. I barely got the pre printed samples to press, but NEVER got a single transfer "marrying" that I printed to work. I gave up. These are pretty pricey to play around with, but actually looked and felt pretty decent of the ones I did get to work. So the search continues for the elusive DARK transfer :)

CalhTech>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.