T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have am looking for a printer for printing films and I have a chance to pick up either of the 2 printers for no cost which one would you suggest as the better option and why please?

I appreciate all feed back and insight.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Epson Workforce Pro WF 3820 or Canon Pixma TS 6420
For films dye ink works better than pigment, so the Canon printer is a better choice.
You can of course buy the Epson and just use refillable carts filled with dye ink.

You don't need special ink by the way. Just print composite black (CMY).
Note that dye inks are translucent to the visible light, but opaque to UV light, and that's what you really need.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Epson Workforce Pro WF 3820 is a wireless color inkjet printer with a small footprint and low cost per page. The printer is perfect for home or small office use. This device offers low cost per page, fast printing speeds, and easy installation. This device offers low cost per page, fast printing speeds, and easy installation. The Canon Pixma TS 6420 is a wireless color inkjet printer with a small footprint and low cost per page. The printer is perfect for home or small office use. This device offers low cost per page, fast printing speeds, and easy installation. This device offers low cost per page, fast printing speeds, and easy installation.

·
Administrator
15,475 Posts
The Epson Workforce Pro WF 3820 is a wireless color inkjet printer with a small footprint and low cost per page. The printer is perfect for home or small office use. This device offers low cost per page, fast printing speeds, and easy installation. This device offers low cost per page, fast printing speeds, and easy installation. The Canon Pixma TS 6420 is a wireless color inkjet printer with a small footprint and low cost per page. The printer is perfect for home or small office use. This device offers low cost per page, fast printing speeds, and easy installation. This device offers low cost per page, fast printing speeds, and easy installation.
We don't need infocommercial blurbs cut and pasted from the manufacturers websites. If you don't have personal knowledge of the printers, it's ok to skip a message and move on to the next one.

All of this and you didn't even answer the poster's question. 🙄

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For films dye ink works better than pigment, so the Canon printer is a better choice.
You can of course buy the Epson and just use refillable carts filled with dye ink.

You don't need special ink by the way. Just print composite black (CMY).
Note that dye inks are translucent to the visible light, but opaque to UV light, and that's what you really need.
seems they are similiar if not equal products or am I missing something?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't print films but I absolutely love my new Epson Workforce Pro 3820. Very dependable and excellent color. The Canon Pixma TS 6420
is probably as good listening to the comments. Wonder how ink price and availability compare?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.