T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am looking to buy a printer and heat press to make custom design. Can anyone recommend? I know that there has been good review on oki 5600 but I am not sure what ink and where to buy ink for heat press transfer or what is a good ink to use?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi I am looking to buy a printer and heat press to make custom design. Can anyone recommend? I know that there has been good review on oki 5600 but I am not sure what ink and where to buy ink for heat press transfer or what is a good ink to use?
"Dura Brite" ink from epson printer are great, for transfer paper. For the heat press, i'm using a Phoenix Phire and it works fine for me.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I don't know anything about your printer or what toner you would need.I know that laser printers to a great job for making Transfers. I use a Epson Ink jet printer with the factory inks (Durbrite). As for the heat press I stringly suggest a minimumsize of 15x15. This size will allow you to print full size transfers with no problems and in 1 pressing. I encourage you to buy a brand name press such as Hix,Hotronix,Mighty press.Phoenix phire,Geo Knight,and Insta. These brands have great customer support and also have ready available parts if ever needed. .... JB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

Sorry excuse my stupidity, if I buy want a new printer for heat transfer, do I have to select printer that has built in ink for the transfer as what you guys recommended or I would have to buy it (ink) separately and replace the standard ink that comes with the printer.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Stitchman the only stupid question is the one you never ask. This is the place to ask questions and find answers. I'm sure in a few months you will helping others the same way.The Epson ink jet printer's come with OEM ink ( durabrite)that works great with Heat transfer paper. .... JB

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know anything about your printer or what toner you would need.I know that laser printers to a great job for making Transfers. I use a Epson Ink jet printer with the factory inks (Durbrite). As for the heat press I stringly suggest a minimumsize of 15x15. This size will allow you to print full size transfers with no problems and in 1 pressing. I encourage you to buy a brand name press such as Hix,Hotronix,Mighty press.Phoenix phire,Geo Knight,and Insta. These brands have great customer support and also have ready available parts if ever needed. .... JB
thanks for the feedback...i'm also in the market and have been eating up all the posts for recommendations!:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts