T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wants to start doing dye sublimation. I'm buying her all this as a surprise. I just bought her the Epson 7210 printer and the Cobra inks for it. Now the next thing I need is the heat press. I'm looking to spend $500 or less. I know she wants to do pillows so ideally a 16x20 or large would probably be better then a 15x15 since the printer can print 13x19.

I know outside of using it for dye sub, she does a lot with vinyl. I've been looking at the Mpress 16x20 for $375. Does anyone have this and recommend it for what she would use it for?

Whats another good quality one in the price range I'm looking at?

·
Registered
768 Posts
My wife wants to start doing dye sublimation. I'm buying her all this as a surprise. I just bought her the Epson 7210 printer and the Cobra inks for it. Now the next thing I need is the heat press. I'm looking to spend $500 or less. I know she wants to do pillows so ideally a 16x20 or large would probably be better then a 15x15 since the printer can print 13x19.

I know outside of using it for dye sub, she does a lot with vinyl. I've been looking at the Mpress 16x20 for $375. Does anyone have this and recommend it for what she would use it for?

Whats another good quality one in the price range I'm looking at?
There is no such thing as a 16x20" good quality heat press that is less then $500 new. There are some in that price range that may work. But the quality is not there. If you are doing dye sub this is the one thing you wont be replacing (if you buy a good one). If you sell your products then you should be buying commercial equipment. Invest in yourself by giving yourself the best chance at success you can...start with good equipment and lower the learning curve by eliminating the issues that come with cheap equipment.

If you buy a good press it will last you more or less forever. A cheap one you will be chasing issues all the time. Besides a cheap press has NO resale value, a good quality brand name one will will maintain a good resale value. The cheap presses ALWAYS cost more in the long run.

I believe pro world sells Geo Knight and Hotronix Presses which i would recommend either (I am sure they sell other brands as well).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.