T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
605 Posts
I would do the canopy/basket as tatami (complex fill) then do the risers as input c.

· Registered
236 Posts
It is hard to tell about the canopy. You're right though, a complex fill would be much easier. But it almost looks like the individual cells of the canopy in the picture were done separately. What I really don't like is the look of the risers. Any idea why they look so bad. Like you I'd have done them with Input C but in this case the stitch direction doesn't seem constant enough for Input C. Or perhaps there wasn't any underlay on the risers and the material was loose causing the material to shift around while stitching?

· Registered
605 Posts
Depending on the size of the design, the risers could have been done as backstitch or with input B and then adjusted stitch angle to be steeper.

If the risers were done as backstitch - in the picture, that would explain what appears to be a density problem in that area of the design.

· Registered
605 Posts
Here are a couple of quick and dirty I did from the pic.

I need to square it up a bit more.
If it was going into production I would ask for better art. ;)

I digress,
Wings & Canopy/Basket same in both.
Wings - Input B
Canopy/Basket - Complex Fill
Risers have been done in two different stitch types - Input C & Backstitch.

Depending on final design size, these would be the stitch types I would go with.

Smaller design size - Backstitch.
Larger size - Input C

Just some thoughts.

Attachments

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
Thanks to everyone for their input. *terrible pun, sorry* Its a design that someone has brought in already on a shirt, thats why it looks a bit ragedy. I had no idea where to start with it. Things are a little clearer now though. Thanks once again.

Martin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.