T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,105 Posts
As a second option, you could have a portable welding metal shop add heavy duty lockable castors to any press.

May give you access to a bigger selection and be cheaper.

Infact, that's a brilliant idea. When I get big, I may do just that to my manual so I can wheel it into a corner when not in use!

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rich thats exactly what i want to do. be able to roll it in a corner after use. I would like to know about the presses that come with the wheel casters as an option as well, but is having casters welded on cheap? I have to compare some prices to see if that option is really worth it.

· Registered
2,105 Posts
Put it this way - you now have the option to buy a good second hand press, way cheaper than any press with castors..... And you'll have a bigger choice of options.

Heavy duty castors are not expensive - then you just need a decent metal guy to make some adaptor sleeves with a plate on the bottom, so they can be welded onto the legs.

Get some info to ask a metal workshop and get a quote. You want to know the weight of the press (look up the shipping weight), the number of legs and the size of the legs. Then tell the metal shop you want it to be super solid. They will be able to price it up for you and I'm sure they can source some lockable casters.

At least you then know the cost and can make a decision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.