T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
859 Posts
Re: Heat press

I would like to get a swing away 16X 20 heat press.
I don't mind spending around $1500 for a press.
Any recommendations of heat presses, which one would you prefer?
Geo knight DK20S
It is the size you want plus it is built to last.
Highly recommend it.

· Registered
10,343 Posts
I have both the Hotronix and DK and would recommend the Hotronix.

As far as amps to your press it would be best to have a 20amp circuit. If you use 15 then make it the only thing on that circuit. Don't use an extension cord. If you burn the cord make sure you replace it with one from the manufacturer.

Reactions: olga1

· Registered
195 Posts
We got the Hotronix Fusion. It has the swing away and the pull drawer features. I studied those different heat presses quite a bit before I made the decision. The cost was around $2400 with the attachments but we use it all the time. Now we have a retail store and it is so handy for making one two or seven garments with our plotter for those custom small orders. I bet there is a great Geo Knight press out there somewhere but we are done shopping for a decent heat press after getting and using the Fusion. My advise to buy a new heat press would be to stick with a dependable brand like Geo Knight or Hotronix.

· Registered
859 Posts
Re: Heat press

I love that heat press but, with 1800 watts of power i think will blow the fuses in my house
Pretty sure all the big brands are going to require a 20 amp on a 16x20 press.
It should be on a 20 amp circuit and you wont have any trouble.
Of course most outlets in a residential home is set up for a 15 amp circuit, which is shared with outer receptacles in the room/home.

If you have an electric stove or dryer hookup you could get a adapter to use these (usually 220v) if you are not using it for your stove or dryer.

Another option is to add a 20amp outlet right off your electrical panel...and use your press right there.

Of course this should be done by an electrician to be safe.

Reactions: olga1
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.