T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have used many other brands...they didn't hold up for us. We make well over 1000 shirts a month per location and replaceable parts make the geo knight presses the best IMO. I am sure SOME of the over seas presses are fine...but EVERY press we have of a US brand has been fine and exceeded our expectations. One of our locations is in some what of a mall, there are about 8 other businesses in there that use heat presses also. The press we brought in there about 8 years ago is still the same one that is being used today. The other vendors in there with the cheaper overseas presses have replaced them multi pal times and 3 have caused large fires in the building. Not to mean they all cause fires!!
We have been in business for over 16 years, we know to buy quality equipment to last a lifetime. If you press shirts for a hobby then by all means I recommend saving your money and getting a cheap press. If this is going to support you and your family (or other peoples family's) then you should spend the money and invest in your business for the long term.
This is the best advice. If you are needing one for a business than you treat your equipment purchases like an investment. High end equipment will always command a premium because it is better and more quality. The upfront cost is always going to pose a challenge to those starting out but in the long run you will put out less money replacing junk.

That said for the hobbyist or small time, it totally makes sense to have budget constraints. It also makes sense that you wouldn't be looking for the top machine. If you are starting out this best heat press machine guide is one of the better ones out there. Not only does it give choices from some of the better foreign made budget machines but Hottronix is also included (which I use and has served me well). The real gold in my opinion is the guide. It will put you on the right path. That said, I have looked at the Geo Knights for a while now and you have me interested in picking one up.

My two cents...as always, do your research and make a purchase you are confident in.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also looking for a decent heat press and wanting to get something decent and reliable while at the same time not being able to justify (or need) the more professional level machines. Trying to stay under $400 and have so far settled on either the Heat Press Nation CraftPro or Black Series. The CraftPro has the slide-out lower platen the Black Series is their next step up in terms of component quality. The Black also has a second bar/handle for holding the press steady while disengaging the top platen. They're both the same price ($369).

I don't see anyone mentioning the Heat Press Nation presses here so I'm curious if it's because they're not any good or just not as popular?

I'm sure a PowerPress level model would serve me just fine for my current planned usage. I'm mostly concerned about the possibility of getting a 'bad one' and having to deal with returns, etc. I like the idea of the HPN machines having (as best I can tell) a good reputation for quality. Plus I'm of the mindset that if you're going to get something, get the best you can reasonably afford. It usually pays off in the end.. I'd love a swing-away model, but can't find one that's affordable and appears dependable in this price range.

Any thoughts on HPN presses?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Doesn't seem like Hotronix machines go for sale USED much at all.

We have one, but it's really starting to show its age, have had to call the company to have them tell us how to adjust the digital screen - once too light (can't read the info), once too dark.....

They are very helpful, tho! But I just wonder how long that support will be there? We bought it used, and I would buy another one again. Really bought this one sight unseen (a friend called, knew we were looking and said "So and so has a heat press for sale, so come get it...." and we did!). Best thing we ever did for launching our business.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my first and only is the Hotronix Fusion. 16x20 swing away. selling for 1,000 in Bloomington Illinois

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys. I need a serious opinion. I have a 2 location t-shirt shop ( 2 because of covid-19), and I need to get another press for the other location. I currently have Stahls Max 11x15 (i know, i know, shoulda just got the 15x15 to start - lesson learned) and I need to get another press. I'm not able to get a top of the line press at the moment as I know I should, so I'm trying to decide on a press from Amazon. Please correct this statement of mine if I'm wrong:
"Cheap amazon presses don't have good temperature read out, gauge might go bad, but the press can be reliable as long as youre able to figure out the temperature (with a thermo gun) and able to adjust press temperature accordingly."
Am I right or wrong?

Thanks for any help on this. Also, what is a decent press on amazon or ebay that can last at least 6 months?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Hey guys. I need a serious opinion. I have a 2 location t-shirt shop ( 2 because of covid-19), and I need to get another press for the other location. I currently have Stahls Max 11x15 (i know, i know, shoulda just got the 15x15 to start - lesson learned) and I need to get another press. I'm not able to get a top of the line press at the moment as I know I should, so I'm trying to decide on a press from Amazon. Please correct this statement of mine if I'm wrong:
"Cheap amazon presses don't have good temperature read out, gauge might go bad, but the press can be reliable as long as youre able to figure out the temperature (with a thermo gun) and able to adjust press temperature accordingly."
Am I right or wrong?

Thanks for any help on this. Also, what is a decent press on amazon or ebay that can last at least 6 months?
i would not recommend purchasing via this route at all
there are more reasonable presses from proworld or uscutter or heat press nation
at least you get support with these

if you ever do temp test, use paper test strips

21 - 36 of 36 Posts