T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am currently want to strat a business of DIY design of T-shirts... going to select a heatpress machine, yestoday, I did some research on google trying to fit out which heat press machine is better (I mean suitable for my business), I found a useful review article about the top 10 heat press machine, from the reviews, I decided to select one between the Mophorn Press and the PowerPress (I have consider the Hotronix, but it is too too expensive), the 12x10 inches(Mophorn) is enough for me, but the bigger one 15x15 inches(PowerPres) seems having a better quality... so which one should I choose?:confused:

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Not sure who published these reviews but they omitted some of the highest quality heat presses from companies such as Hix, GeoKnight, and other very good imports. The Power Press, as an example, is advertised as a Sublimation heat press. We have had several customers tell us that is not adequate for applying the plastisol transfers that are sold in the U.S.

·
Registered
504 Posts
We use a couple of 16 x 20 Hot Ones from Hotronix. The first is from 1994 and the second from 1996. We have pressed a lot of shirts with both and they have never given us any issues. I wouldn't go smaller than 15 x 15 and stay with a brand name. We bought a cheap chinese one for a show a few years ago and it blew up on us after a few hours. Our Hotronix also give out even heat, which is very important for consistent printing. You don't want any cold spots.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure who published these reviews but they omitted some of the highest quality heat presses from companies such as Hix, GeoKnight, and other very good imports. The Power Press, as an example, is advertised as a Sublimation heat press. We have had several customers tell us that is not adequate for applying the plastisol transfers that are sold in the U.S.
thanks, maybe I should take the Hix... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep,the price is quite different... if the quality is the same, I am surely will take the one with better price... proworlded said there may has problem on plastisol transfers, however the amazon review is ok...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I thing heat press machine is essential for t-shirt. Before choose a heat press machine you need to focus 4 things. Such as: Durability,Flexibility,Portability & Safety. On the other hand, in the following I want to mention 3 best heat press machines in the market. As like :

1. PowerPress Industrial-Quality Digital 15-by-15-Inch
2. DG HEAT PRESS Digital Sublimation T-Shirt Heat Press
3. Fancierstudio Powerpress Heat Press Swing Away Heat Press

·
Registered
761 Posts
We have 9 heat presses. 7 are Geo Knight (George Knight Co.) presses, 1 is a Hotronix, 1 is a cheap shot glass press.

Geo knight and Hotronix will last if taken care of.
Pretty much everything is replaceable on a geo knight press if you ever have a prob. They also sell kits to "tune up" the press ($20). Great customer service too. We have never had a heat issue with any of those.

The cheap shot glass press is only used for shot glasses. It does what we need...but I would not use the clam or swing away presses from over seas. This is only bought because geo knight or hotronix's make a shot glass press. We use it at events that dont alow ovens.

Highly recommend buying a good brand name press whenever you can.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
I do not disagree with the quality of the GeoKnight, Hotronix, and Hix machines. I do disagree with the thinking that all imported heat presses from overseas are below standard without using any of them. We have been selling both for many years and have sold thousands and continue to get 5 star reviews for both. Not everyone has the budget for the domestic heat presses. And most important is to purchase from a company that stands behind the product and offers superior customer service. Just check out who is selling the imports to make sure they are truly in our industry or just selling machines along with hair dryers, barbecues, toasters, etc. The cheapest price is not always the least expensive.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hi Ed,

Does ProWorld have any plans for a cost effective machine that has replaceable platens to better do specialty work, such as small platens, cap press, or just a removable system so that custom jigs or platens could be made and attached?

Thanks.

Tim

I do not disagree with the quality of the GeoKnight, Hotronix, and Hix machines. I do disagree with the thinking that all imported heat presses from overseas are below standard without using any of them. We have been selling both for many years and have sold thousands and continue to get 5 star reviews for both. Not everyone has the budget for the domestic heat presses. And most important is to purchase from a company that stands behind the product and offers superior customer service. Just check out who is selling the imports to make sure they are truly in our industry or just selling machines along with hair dryers, barbecues, toasters, etc. The cheapest price is not always the least expensive.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
We have tested many but have yet to find one that performs every job satisfactorily. We keep trying. :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
We have used many other brands...they didn't hold up for us. We make well over 1000 shirts a month per location and replaceable parts make the geo knight presses the best IMO. I am sure SOME of the over seas presses are fine...but EVERY press we have of a US brand has been fine and exceeded our expectations. One of our locations is in some what of a mall, there are about 8 other businesses in there that use heat presses also. The press we brought in there about 8 years ago is still the same one that is being used today. The other vendors in there with the cheaper overseas presses have replaced them multi pal times and 3 have caused large fires in the building. Not to mean they all cause fires!!
We have been in business for over 16 years, we know to buy quality equipment to last a lifetime. If you press shirts for a hobby then by all means I recommend saving your money and getting a cheap press. If this is going to support you and your family (or other peoples family's) then you should spend the money and invest in your business for the long term.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts