T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Graffiti artist that has had some very minor success in producing my own independent line but I am also a HUGE Horror fan and have often looked into producing a line in this market as well. I would REALLY like to pick one market and stick to it and I am just curious which one you guys think would do best? A Graffiti/Street brand ie Tribal, Street Life or a Horror/Zombie brand ie Electric Zombie, The Horror Project?

One advantage to the Graffiti line is I can create my own designs the Horror line i would have to find artists for.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
175 Posts
egoism is rite in la graffati is huge but the zombie horro brands are also huge la has a bit of everything ...why not take on both for a season or two and see whre you have more passion and sucsess ... you can sell a million shirts of one but if you have a biggerpassion for the other youll always wonder....

why not try and icorpaorate bith into one and make something new .....never tries to hurt good luck bro..

·
Registered
29 Posts
The formal answer would be to do a little market research. Make it easy for yourself and go somewhere there are lots of people who fit the demographic for who your customers are. Show them samples in both areas and find out what they want. Realize that this is very unscientific but will probably give you better data then what a bunch of other people on the forum here happen to think will work better. Be sure to be careful to not give any leading questions when you ask people about which style they like.

And personally, while it is not what I like as a t-shirt wearer, if you have a unique take on the graffiti style, I think it may have broader appeal in today's marketplace.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In my opinion: Graffiti/Street brand ie Tribal, Street Life.
I think the world/market is looking for something a bit more positive at the moment, too many real life horror stories out there right now...my opinion. ;-)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Growing up in so cal myself I say go for the graffiti line since you can design yourself and you're actually interested in graffiti will keep you motivated, but be sure to make it unique since you will be competing with well established brands already tribal, wildstyle technicians, 7th letter, what will your brand offer that those don't. Good luck bro

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the feedback guys! My skills are definitely with the Graffiti and being that i can create those designs myself I think i will stick with that line of clothing. Took my son back to school shopping this weekend and could not believe how much the t-shirts are now influenced by street art of some sort. I noticed however that prices are very different meaning alot lower then i remember like $15. a shirt on average and noticed alot of 1 color designs. I am guessing companies are scaling back a little now and days. The designs themselves still looked great but simplistic which i myself like. Hate rainbow colors on a Tee!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.