T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to diy a DTG

so i don't know which one is better epson 1800 1900 or2200

i saw the t-jet2 is based on 2200 and any other dtg is based on 2200 or 1800 ?

what is different between 1800 and 2200

thanks

·
Banned
877 Posts
The Epson R1900 is the newest of the 3 than the Epson R1800 and lastly the Epson 2200
The Epson 2200 is a 7 channel printer and the Epson R1900 and the Epson R1800 are 8 channel printers. ALL are 13" wide printers Parts are available for all these printers and have been for sometime.
In the DIY world using a RIP you wiull be able to print using white ink if you would like, I wouls start wih what you could find at the best price to start your DIY project.
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Registered
626 Posts
I picked up a 1900 last night off ebay that they say has a paper jam problem.

Has no cartridges.

Should I buy a set of non oem carts for $18 just to get it going or buy something better?

If I wait till I can see if I can get the paper problem fixed I would be waiting on ink to arrive.

Or should I hope I can fix it and buy refillable carts?

·
Registered
840 Posts
does it have no cartridges fitted at all ? if it hasnt the printhead might have dried out depending on how long its been like that. But yes to answer your question, just buy the cheapest oem carts you can while your trying to get it going. Also the paper jam issue might be down to a faulty PF motor, hopefully it isnt, you can buy them though so no great hurdle if thats the case.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Nope. No carts installed.

May have to pick up some head cleaner too. Or maybe beyond repair, which could end up being a piece part machine.
Only non-oem carts I can find are either in Canada or Hong Kong.

·
Registered
840 Posts
im surprised there are plenty on ebay.co.uk oem carts that is (when i say oem i just mean the cheapest ink carts available), hmmmm well you could just use refillable carts for it, i see plenty of them available, you will need a set anyway, just fill them with cleaning solution, you can use them to try and clear the head as well if its blocked.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I already ordered the non-oems from the Canadians.

Not a bad idea on the refillable carts though.

Been looking on the net about cleaning solutions. After reading some of the stuff out there it makes you wonder if the guys on EBay are making big profits selling their so called special head cleaning mixtures.

I had bought some of this stuff last year to clean a Epson r380 and I swear the stuff smelled like brake fluid.:eek:
Well I know it will eat paint. Could it be it dissolves ink?

·
Registered
840 Posts
simple green works nicely as a ink cleaning fluid, , cue some people warning about using it..... i have my own mixture of 50% regular dtg cleaning solution, 40% simple green and 10% isopropynol, it works wonders, been using it for just under a year now on the same printhead, blockage free :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Cascade-Assets has some more of the R1900 printers on Ebay for $99 like the one I bought from them a few weeks ago. It turned out to be as good as new once I removed the stuck piece of paper.:D

I just picked up another one to see if I can get it going.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The 2200 is the best if you can find a used one. The R1900 is good. The R1800 has ink starvation problems.

Philip

i want to diy a DTG

i saw the t-jet2 is based on 2200 and any other dtg is based on 2200 or 1800 ?

what is different between 1800 and 2200

thanks

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Cascade-Assets has some more of the R1900 printers on Ebay for $99 like the one I bought from them a few weeks ago. It turned out to be as good as new once I removed the stuck piece of paper.:D

I just picked up another one to see if I can get it going.

Considering I need an $800 RIP to use this printer I think I can pass in favor of a Workforce 1100... Consider what I have to fill those eight channels with... There is LT magenta and LT cyan available but what do I fill the optimizer with? I only have to fill the 1100 with Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and 2 Blacks...

Dude you can get a brand new Workforce 1100 for $150 on Ebay... That's value.

Bob ?;O)

·
Registered
293 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts