T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone..

I have been browsing this forum for sometime now and thought now is the time to join and get some much needed valuable information.

Recently i have started to do custom print t.shirts using the heat tranfer method. This started with doing designs for family and friends and now i recently put some on ebay which i had a couple of sales. The problem i'm having now is that it's taking up alot of my time cutting out lettering and designs with this method. I am also finding that i can only print on light fabrics this way as the dark tranfer paper doesn't produce good results or quality designs.
Am i better at light coloured fabrics?, i have been purchasing white lettering for t.shirts but this is an expensive way all in all.

I would be greatful for some information on how i can move forward without having too much expense.

Thank you in advance:)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
With an inkjet printer and inkjet transfers you can print any design with any number of colors in minutes. I have yet to find a dark shirt transfer that i find acceptable, but for whites and pastel colors I use the JetPro SofStretch paper with excellent results. God Bless.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thank you for taking the time to reply.. very much appreciated!

For lettering what would you say the best method to use on t.shirts? I would like to print in various colours and different sizes. can this still be good quality using the heat tranfer method too?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help!

I like the heat tranfer method, just finding it time consuming cutting round all the lettering and positioning the letters on the tshirt depending on the font which is used can be quite challenging sometimes....

How long would you say the heat tranfer should last on the t.shirts after washing etc?

·
Registered
290 Posts
You should look into custom plastisol transfers. They will solve most of your problems, though like most things they create some as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you tell me what the difference is with plastisol transfers, please excuse me, but im not aware of all the different methods yet, im still finding my feet which im enjoying while learning new things from all of you on this fab forum.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Plastisol transfers are screen printed on a special paper. When pressed only the ink transfers, leaving a very clean, crisp design. They have the same appearance, durability, etc., of direct screen printing.
The disadvantage is they are only economicaly feasible in quantities of 100 or more. I wear both screened and inkjet transfer shirts regularly. While the screened images remain brighter, my inkjet transferred shirts will stand several washings also and still remain bright.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can i ask... what do you use for your inkjet transfers, i want to use the best transfer paper available, the last thing i want is for the design to fade or crack afer being washed, i have been ok up until now but i think it depends on the size of design too of course. I have been experimenting with different type of transfer paper but would like to continue with one type that can do the job perfectly.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
All the inkjet transfer paper has improved lately because of competition. I prefer the JetPro SofStretch (JPSS) for durability and brightness, as well as the fact that the plastic coating which transfers with the design comes off completely after one washing leaving a very soft stretchable print.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
angel here is some equiptment to consider.
KNK Maxx 24" rhinestone edition with ACS Software$1399.00
Klic-N-Kut.com: KNK MAXX 15" Rhinestone Edition
I choose this becuase I want a cutter to weed around the transfers Im going to print off my epson and it will also cut vinyl for transfers and it will do rhinestone templets.you may also want ..
asst.rhinestones,rhinestone transfer tape,application bin,setting brush,template material?asst.transfer vinyl

Epson 1400 ink jet printer $299.00you may also want..
epson heat tranksfer refillable ink system with chromium pro pigment inks $99.95,
Transfer papers for light and dark shirts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts