T-Shirt Forums banner

Which cutter would you recommend out of these two?

2170 Views 16 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  dkgoodrich
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
LaserPoint's are good for Vinyl and Contour cutting.
I would save a bit and pass on all....didn't they discontinue the Laserpoint? Based on comments about US Cutter, I am not sure how good their tech support is
save your money, buy a Roland. They are bullet proof and worth the extra bucks.
US Cutter has their own Forum.

You might want to ask them.

Many of their users have multiple machines and won't give a bias answer.
you can also check out GCC machines...There are several threads on the forum regarding them. I had a Roland GX 24...now have a GCC Puma III and a Jaguar IV. The Roland is the absolute easiest to learn...but is limited in down force, but for what is done by most on this forum, it is not an issue
you can also check out GCC machines...There are several threads on the forum regarding them. I had a Roland GX 24...now have a GCC Puma III and a Jaguar IV. The Roland is the absolute easiest to learn...but is limited in down force, but for what is done by most on this forum, it is not an issue
Thanks for the insight! I just want to buy something we will be happy with long term, not cheap out and spend more$$.
Bridget

I have the Laserpoint and it has paid for itself a couple of times over. I have drug it out to events and it worked like a charm. I cut orders on it a couple of times a month, some small orders as in a couple of shirts and some larger as in whole teams names and numbers. I have never used the contour cut option on it, but that was one of the things that I was looking for and it was the most affortable model that I could find that had it. I'm not sure what the price would have been without it, but I have been happy with it so far. I'm sure that I will buy a better one sometime this year and will keep this one as a back up and a drug out to events cutter.
It really comes down to how much money you have to spend and how much you think you'll be using it.
I'm mainly a screen printer and I really bought it so I didn't have to order names and numbers all the time.
Good luck with your desision.
I have the graphtec ce5000-60. It has the down force that the Roland doesn't have, and it can cut tighter turns for finer details.
I'm not sure about the Graphtecs, but most cutters don't offer one of the simplest features that Rolands have had for years... the cut sheet button so you don't have to manually cut off the job the machine just finished. Also with the force, I'm not sure why you'd ever need 450 grams of force. We never go over 230 grams for reflective vinyls or 130 grams for standard intermediates and 90 grams for high performance. Maybe I've just been using Rolands for too long. Our little CX300 has been going strong over 8 years of daily work... never one single issue. Guess I should point out I'm talking about the Camm-1 series of cutters... GX-300, 400, 500 series.
Sounds like that's a good cutter Jamie.
I've had a pcut for ~4 years.. Never a problem one.

I honestly wasn't sure about it when I bought it.

If it ever has any issues I would replace it with a graphtec.
I have had the 24 inch Vinyl Express (Lynx S-60) sold by Sign Warehouse for 8 years. I have cut everything from standard Cal to reflective. And I don't recommend it, but have even ran rolled magnet sheets through it. I agree, invest in a good unit if you plan on keeping it around. You get what you pay for.
I too recommend investing right the first time around.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.