T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first off id like to thank everyone on this forum. This forum by it self has been my main source of info, and has gotten me to where I am , so thanks again !

Anyway, on to the post. So Its time for my company to buy a cutter. Although I will greatly benefit from being able to use and cut my own vinyl, I'm doing all right for my self as is with heat transfers. I've known that I would eventually buy a cutter and incorporate vinyl, but now I'm hurrying along the process and looking to buy sooner than later. The driving factor behind getting one now, is namely for the heat transfer paper trimming. I use an Epson work force ink jet with pigmented ink, along with mostly jpss and 3g opaque paper (mostly). So I'm looking for the most economical cutter out there, that will time after time accurately trim my transfers for me, and not break my bank. I looked at the cheapest gcc model with optic sensor, it runs about 650 before shipping and fees. A sales rep from imprintables, told me that is be better off going with the rolling gx 24 model. I can't afford that right now, and would like some advice on a good entry level cutter which can do transfers paper trimming, and still cost under 1k. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
6,848 Posts
While the Expert 24 does a good job for the money, it is very noisy......But if that is the price point you are looking for, noise aside it will serve you well.......

Roland has it's fans but it is more money than you have.....At just under 1,300.00 there is a GCC Puma III.....
GCC Products Puma is a cutting plotter of up to 24IPS cutting speed Well they are not as well known as Roland or Graphtec they still have their fans.....

· Registered
62 Posts
The GCC would be a great cutter for you. It isn't high dollar but will do what you need to do and should do it for a very long time. If you look at the US Cutter Laserpoint 24 you will find a better price than the GCC and it does a great job of cutting. It will cut 24" wide vinyl and will trim your transfers. Now.....having said that, you need to keep in mind that what ever cutter you get it will still require practice at the trimming your transfers. I haven't seen any of them yet that is just 1,2,3 and it's done. They all will take practice but once you have it down it will be great. You will find many more uses for your cutter.
Good luck!
Bonnie

Reactions: montock

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your ladies/gentlemens input, I've heard one opinion from a sales rep stating that the software for gcc cutters weren't as reliable as say the rolland gx's. Any thought on that ? Im very tech savy, I make my own websites, and do some programming ( nothing to brag about ) I feel its very unlikely for it to be " that bad " that it Gimps me.

· Registered
6,848 Posts
I've heard one opinion from a sales rep stating that the software for gcc cutters weren't as reliable as say the rolland gx's. Any thought on that
I have never had any issues with the Great Cut software....To me it integrates well with Illustrator....Others have said it works well with Corel also....

· Registered
62 Posts
Keep in mind Justin that you don't have to use the software that comes with your cutter. WINpcSign and others might be a choice for you so you wouldn't necessarly want to choose a cutter based on their software.
God Luck again,
Bonnie

· Registered
609 Posts
When I bought my cutter just last week, I talked with several suppliers, let them know my budget and needs/wants. I needed contour cutting and price point where you're at.

Now the rant... The above mentioned supplier didnt listen or disregarded my needs/desires and tried the roland talk too. Needless to say, I bought else where because of that and also they were $100 higher on the cutter (expert 24 LX). I replied to their last email and thanked them and let them know I bought elsewhere for $595 not $695. Shop around you can still find it for that, although I did notice Stahl's has now raised their price in last 2 days since buying mine from them. (think I caught them sleeping on the website updates...lol)
Now...the cutter is nice, sturdy and will serve me for some time as I save to get a bigger and pro model (if biz grows) The software talk is hooey balooey! In 2 days I have mine set up on a MAC and PC. I have corel x3 and adobe Illy subscription and can and have cut directly from both so far wth no problems. I haven't tackled Greatcut yet and don't know if I will. But so far so good. So to answer your ??'s If you have the means get the expert 24 LX over the Laserpoint. The contour cutting is automatic on the expert LX...the laserpoint is manual and you have to register each sheet you cut. Watch the youtube videos on both and you'll see what I mean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.