T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of starting a custom t shirt business (I always did air brushing before) I will also be making custom mousepads and clocks. I have read about every continuious ink supply system I can find for an Epson Stylus c86 and from what I have read the Magic Inks were not considered good quality.

I have bought the heat press and blanks for the mousepads, clocks and ordered the t shirts. I need to get the ink supply ordered soon I have friends waiting to see some shirts.

Can any one help this very confused person? Do I need to get a different printer like an Epson 1280 or will the c86 do it?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
'Magic Inks' = Magic Mix inks? Magic Mix is great for normal (t-shirt) transfers, though you may need to use dye sublimation for clocks and mousepads. I'd recommend asking over at the HTFDP yahoo board -- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Heat_Transfers_For_Desktop_Printers/ -- they should definately have some bulk ink system recommendations (and they can let you know if you need to use dye sub for clocks and such better than I can).

·
Registered
79 Posts
You can do mouse pads using the same ink you use for your t-shirts. You can do them with dye-sub as well, but it is more cost effective to do them with the ink. We did dye-sub for 3 years and I am not a fan of it. I prefer working with ink. JMO of course. You should also think about doing coasters as well. They can made of the same material as the mouse pads and they sell really well.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Some folks also do tiles, but again I think you need dye sub for those. Dye sublimation didn't sound too fun for me either, but it is better quality and can do more stuff.

I also noticed some folks on that yahoo board saying they just use regular paper for a clock, and simply glue or tape it on. Would probably be fine really, since it should be protected by a little plastic cover or such.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help I have decided to give the Magic mix inks and paper a shot to see how I like them. I am going to use cartridges to do my test If I am satisfied I will be going with the continuous ink supply.

Crafty2lady

1 - 5 of 5 Posts