T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering which Chems people use up the quickest.
It seems i need more Plastisol ink remover, and i have TONS of degreaser, screen reclaim, and even HAND cleaner!
Just a curious poll.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I think the best chemical available is ink degradent. When you clean a screen and wash it out for reuse, you should have a filtering system. Plastisol inks can be really harsh on septic tanks as well as not so great for sewer systems. In order to prevent problems and the EPA from cracking down on you, a filtering system is needed under your washout sink. Basically, it filters out the plastisols and allows plastisol free water to go down the drain.

If you don't have a filtering system, then the proper way to dispose of the inks would be to use some type of screen wipe and clean the screens off completely before you go to wash it out. That's a pain, but it's necessary.

OR.....

You can get a ink degradent. This stuff is da bomb!! You can take the screen directly to your washout area and spray it down with a biodegradeable ink degradent. Then take a brush and rub it in. It breaks down the ink so it can be sent down the drain with no filtering and no pre-cleaning. Once you use this stuff, you'll be amazed at how great it really is. It makes cleaning your screen extremely easy and quick. And you don't have to invest in a filtering system.

A little goes a long way, but it can get used up pretty fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts