T-Shirt Forums banner

which brands to buy?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Cassidy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm the president of a non-profit organization. We decided that pressing and selling t-shirts was a good was to raise operation capital while getting free advertisement. The shirts will have our logo I designed on the back, which is very similar to the one on my brochure.

I just bought a 15”x20” Insta-221. We want to sell a good shirt with a design that will last. Of course, we are also looking for the largest profit margin also. We will be putting transfers on light color shirts. Here are my questions.

Which type and brand printer?
Which type and brand ink?
Which type and brand paper?
Which type and brand t-shirt?
Also, best place/places to purchase these.

Thanks for any and all advice.

#2 ·
Hi there, Savannah Dan, if you take a look through some of the past threads here in the Heat Press forum, you'll see some good advice on printer/ink/paper brands.

The search feature can help narrow down good topics as well. For example, here's a good thread about printers and inks to use:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=1931

#4 ·
Savannah Dan said:
Thanks Rodney. I spent about 2 1/2 hours reading through them this morning. There seems to be a wide varity of opinions. I thought I could get some advice for my particular needs. I'll keep reading.
Yep, you'll probably get a wide variety of opinions on which to buy and which is the best (hopefully some of our heat press experts will see your specific post).

Hopefully they'll give you a place to start from though when doing your research.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.