T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Your best bet to find local businesses is to look at the phone book or do a search for "screen printing san francisco" and ask the different printers about their pricing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Dan from forward printing post on this board.

The stuff on their site is pretty impressive.
I'll second that, Dan knows what he is doing! The company name is "Forward Printing". Just google them . . .

pierre

·
Registered
335 Posts
Forward Printing is VERY GOOD! Hey Pierre, i've seen your work. Pretty damn good yourself!
Thanx! We try very, very hard and it is starting to show.

Where did you see our stuff?

pierre

·
Registered
64 Posts
Saw your article in Impressions and some stuff on the web. Very inspiring your story is. Hard work looks like it is paying off over there. Do you guys print more waterbased/discharge than plastisol?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Saw your article in Impressions and some stuff on the web. Very inspiring your story is. Hard work looks like it is paying off over there. Do you guys print more waterbased/discharge than plastisol?
thanx. Well, the hard work is doing what it's supposed to. We are still very small (150k prints last year) and still reinvesting all the money into the business. It will be few years before it really starts paying off.

We are all plastisol right now. Still running an electric dryer so can't do other stuff effectively. We should be getting a new dryer within a year or so, can't wait!!!

The pictures of the shirts, don't do them justice. If you send (PM) me your address, I'll mail you one.

pierre

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Pierre, I have one question for you looking for some advice. Printing on darks. How do I get good opacity with not having the bullet proof feel? I usually use IC or Rutland white. I print just about every color through 166 mesh. Any advice or tips for the future? Great work once again btw!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey Pierre, I have one question for you looking for some advice. Printing on darks. How do I get good opacity with not having the bullet proof feel? I usually use IC or Rutland white. I print just about every color through 166 mesh. Any advice or tips for the future? Great work once again btw!
the honest answer is "I don't know!" Just like most other ppl, we are struggling with this. My absolutely best white is when we do two strokes through a 230, flash and than two strokes again. It is smooth as paper and barely any thicker. The problem is, it would require two flashes, extra screen and two strokes to get it done. All of these slow down production and increase the cost. So just as you, I am still looking for an answer. . .

One thought though, reducing the ink will make it less opaque and make it harder to get good coverage. See if you can find a white that does not need reducing. Also the whites we like have a little bit of puff in them, it makes it easier to get good coverage. Try the Phoenix Triangle white, we had some good results with it. Less (Or possibly no puff) that is getting great reviews is the Rutland Streetfighter white. We thought it was the best no puff ink we've seen.

pierre

·
Registered
64 Posts
One more question. LAST one I promise! Do you use a program for simulated separations or do you separate them yourself? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
335 Posts
One more question. LAST one I promise! Do you use a program for simulated separations or do you separate them yourself? Thanks in advance!
everything is separated by hand. Dan (dot tone dan) does all our sim seps.

pierre

1 - 20 of 20 Posts