T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I design logos for school and team events cart blanc and would like to produce them as well. I use a mac, adobe cs as well as other software, have several printers photo and deskjet and am thinking after much review of this site that a heat press would be the way to build on. I have an opportunity to do sporting events however I don’t have much time, Nov 1. I’m thinking what I have with the addition of a heat press will work. I looked into many heat press forums and I’m ok with that, somewhat, but still not sure about transfer paper type. Should I produce the front of the shirt ahead of time with plastisol and do names on the back at event? All good but I do like to control things and maybe do all my own. What is a good way to get started with this. I get it from the forum doing trial samples is great but again I don’t have much time so where should I start. I would like to build this into my own designs and start a business as well. Thanks for your help, love the forum! Lori

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Hi Lori,

For one color designs, like for schools, I would order either plastisols for the logo, or do vinyl for the names. Unless you are lucky enough to get white shirts for the school color, heat transfer paper won't be of much use anyway.

JPSS is a great paper for lights, but you'd have to trim the paper out by hand or via a cutter/plotter if you are using shirts other than white (generally).

Since you are already most likely using a cutter for this, you might as well just cut vinyl so it looks great on the shirt, no color issues (Jpss design and shirt color blending). Vinyl is great for the personalization since you can cut just the names you need.

For spirit wear shirts, that are not personalized, I'd go plastisol all the way.

JPSS (Jetprosofstretch) is a great paper for lights/whites and for darks Ironall Dark or Jet Wear are favored on the forum, if you wanted to stick with the inkjet heat transfer papers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts