T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Epson R1800 and a Hix 15x15 commercial press and I'm pretty happy with the transfer t-shirts I've printed but I know I'm not where I need to be with quality.

I'm just doing this on the side primarily to print custom shirts for my friends, but I'm also selling some of these shirts so I want to make sure I'm putting together a good product. I'm currently using the 1 step http://www.tshirtpaper.com/ dark transfer sheets. They soften up pretty nicely after a few washings.

With my setup and if money was basically no option (i'm not going to get rid of the printer or press right now.. so work around those 2 pieces of hardware) what would you do if you wanted to print the highest quality shirt? (minimal color fading/peeling/softest feel (similar to screen printing)/etc)

What are the best inks to run through this printer for heat transfer prints (to dark material)?

Are there any non-water soluable inks that will print onto dark transfer paper (made for dark shirts)?

What's the best temperature for doing heat transfers?

My press doesn't have a meter to show how much pressure is being applied to the press when closed. Is there basic rule as to how tight the press should close?

How long should I press the shirt at this temperature/pressure for the best quality? How long is too long?

I'm printing to 100% cotton name brand tshirts/hoodies currently.

I know it's not related.. but anyone have luck printing bumper stickers with a inkjet printer? :)

Thanks!
Fashion Devil

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another question - Is it possible to heat transfer (either from transfer paper or a pre-printed permasol type print) to a ribbed wife beater type shirt? (muscle shirt) I'm curious as to how the print holds up with the ribbing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts