T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep "jade dome" thats what i decided was the best match.... just a little nervous ordering 600 of them without seeing one in person...

i suppose all of this doesnt matter until i win the bid anyways... i just didnt want to win the bid and then realize i cant find the right color of shirt

thanks!

· Premium Member
12,270 Posts
i suppose all of this doesnt matter until i win the bid anyways... i just didnt want to win the bid and then realize i cant find the right color of shirt
Do you have time to order a sample now to put your mind at ease?

Do you have a colour chart from Gildan? They have small (about an inch) squares of fabric samples. Sometimes you might want to see a full shirt to really get a sense of the colour, but often that sample is enough. If you don't have one, I'd recommend seeing if your distributor supplies them.

Sorry if this is all too obvious, but it's commonly overlooked.

· Registered
55 Posts
You have to watch it when the customer calls out just "Teal" for a t-shirt color. Hanes has a teal that is close to what some others call turquoise. About 6 years ago, I had a customer quite angry at me for selling them the Hanes teal color, when they really wanted a color much closer to Jade. We now ask our customers.. Do you want teal blue or teal green?

Good Luck

· Registered
6,848 Posts
Do not bid without attaching an actual sample to your bid.....Teal is not an actual colour it is a "guess".....Requests for bids should come with much more specific details as to what is required....Some clients think Fruit or Hanes is a good substitute for Gildan, whereas, other clients will laugh you out of town....

PS....I have a collection of 20+ tees that are all "Royal Blue" and some are as different as night and day....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.