T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting bands telling me I should do oversize/allover prints. I think its gonna be more hassle than its worth to be honest but I've got a few large screens, could knock up a platen or two and maybe trial some discharge inks (although sourcing these at a reasonable price over here doesn't seem to be easy), its gonna be outputting films thats the bottle neck for me.

Anyone know of somewhere to get some rough prices?

no doubt by the time I get round to it the fashion will have moved on. Still gota try and keep them pesky metal kidz happy!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I used to screen print and had a fairly old set up and gave up before i really took off as i found the whole process rather messy, but i know things have changed with screen printing machines etc.

I think most of the very large prints are done with dtg printers allowing the whole of the t-shirt to be printed...but i guess you can do this with screen printing to, but i'm sure a slightly more difficult process. With regards to all over prints i think these are done during the manufacturing process where by the materials are printed in seperate sections prior to stitching the garment together...there is no way you can print all over like some of the hoodies i've seen just with standard dtg or screen printing.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Max A2.
I know some are done prior to the shirt being sewn together and a belt printer is the proper way to achieve what the kidz want. I'm thinking more along the lines of designs that are just bigger than standard and go over the sleeves and collar etc. I think even if i had say a one colour limitation some of my customers would be happy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi vuego100, I have access to a 1189mm x 1700mm film output machine if you had something for that size or all you seps on one film output.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi vuego100, I have access to a 1189mm x 1700mm film output machine if you had something for that size or all you seps on one film output.
Thanks, I'm still in the process of working out if its worth my while at the moment, while juggling many other things,but when I do I'll give you a shout to get some prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts