T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im new here and looking for information. I already saw that you need a minimum order of 90+ to get New Era to ship you a wholesale bundle of hats. Im looking for just ONE to sample with. I have a sick graphic and want to use it on these hats.

Regards,
Tom

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Hey guys, Im new here and looking for information. I already saw that you need a minimum order of 90+ to get New Era to ship you a wholesale bundle of hats. Im looking for just ONE to sample with. I have a sick graphic and want to use it on these hats.

Regards,
Tom
Have you tried contacting New Era. They may be able to sell you a sample.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried contacting New Era. They may be able to sell you a sample.
This is on their FAQ:

Do you sell blank caps?
Unfortunately, New Era has had to implement the policy not to sell blank caps any longer to any of our customer base. The reason for this is quite simple: We take pride in our trademark flag that appears on each cap that we sell and, when selling blank caps, we became aware of a number of these caps being embroidered with less-than-acceptable embroidery on the front of caps. Unfortunately, this degrades our trademark caps, appearing as New Era product without the work/quality for which New Era has come to be known. We hope you understand our need to implement this policy. Instead, check out our New Era-branded product line available in a variety of colors in fitted and unfitted styles.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
This is on their FAQ:

Do you sell blank caps?
Unfortunately, New Era has had to implement the policy not to sell blank caps any longer to any of our customer base. The reason for this is quite simple: We take pride in our trademark flag that appears on each cap that we sell and, when selling blank caps, we became aware of a number of these caps being embroidered with less-than-acceptable embroidery on the front of caps. Unfortunately, this degrades our trademark caps, appearing as New Era product without the work/quality for which New Era has come to be known. We hope you understand our need to implement this policy. Instead, check out our New Era-branded product line available in a variety of colors in fitted and unfitted styles.
Sounds like you answered your own question :)

They don't sell blank caps.

I guess to help protect the quality associated with their brand, they only sell embellished caps.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ther are some quite good Flextx-Fit black caps, however this is not the real thing. New Era produces a lot of their desingn swith sizes which might be good for them to increase sell-in to their dealers/distributors but this sizes variations stesses me I prefere Flex-fit. Sory for not answering your question but this is just a personal thought about New Era.

·
Registered
414 Posts
For those of you looking for Blank New Era hats I'm sure you have found out that you cant get them (blank). I just contacted them and found out that you can get custom hats made through their "signature" line. There are minimums for each style. The 59fifty fitted hats are a 1000 pc minimum at 14.50 (35.00+ retail) each with a 8 week lead time because they are all made to order. Add 80 cents for each additional color used. The 39thirty stretch hats are 8.65 each at a 144 pc minimum and same fee's apply for more colors.
So for those of you that do your own embroidery this is a crappy deal because they do it for you, but for the ones that out source it saves money. Ill post up the contact info of the guy you need to talk to if you are interested in getting some custom New Era hats made

New era signature series hats contact info
Darren Morris ext 3378
email is [email protected]

·
Registered
263 Posts
1000pcs at $14.50!! That is insane!

Shoot, go China direct. You'll get the same hat for under $10 "landed cost" at 144pcs minimum... but without the New Era logo and sticker on it. I think that's what I'm about to do personally.

Wow, I'm still in sticker shock! LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wait until after MLB season ends, the minimums should drop to half (a little over 500 pieces) for the 59Fifty style. That's what my contact at New Era anticipates. You can also do different color ways as long as it's still the same design.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So what's the deal

with these small outfits having NE hats customized with their stuff on it? By perusing these co.s, you'd think New Era would sell to whoever pays and has some decent stuff and a website. And for some reason, I am not thinking their buying lots of a 1000 hats. There's no way some of these small guys are buying a 1000 hats probably not even 500. Others probably yes because that got stores and a whole line of clothes others not so much. I can only assume they will sell smaller minimums. Just peruse some of these boutique brands. Seems like anybody can play. Now whether or not your stuff is good and sell, that's a different story. Maybe I am missing something here in the fine print. Can anybody break it down for me.

EastwestWorldwide presents Stussy, Alife, Undftd, Premium Label, The Hundreds, Clae, Stussy, Crooks and Castles, Akomplice, Alife, Mishka, 3sixteen, Premium Label, Ten 10 Deep, L-r-g, Crooks & n and Castles, Leroy Jenkins, Dissizit!, Lifted Research

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 59Fifty is the one that requires the high minimum of 1000 pieces. It's their flagship cap, and the demand is there. It's also a way for them to weed out the small fry who may tarnish the image of their most wanted cap. I've inquired with NewEra Custom and they've confirmed that 1000 pieces minimum for the 59fifty, at least until MLB season is over, then it's expected to drop to half, but not guaranteed.

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
The 59Fifty is the one that requires the high minimum of 1000 pieces. It's their flagship cap, and the demand is there. It's also a way for them to weed out the small fry who may tarnish the image of their most wanted cap. I've inquired with NewEra Custom and they've confirmed that 1000 pieces minimum for the 59fifty, at least until MLB season is over, then it's expected to drop to half, but not guaranteed.Maybe that's a new thing they're doing.
I found my notes from the phone conversation that I had with them last year. When I called last year during baseball season, it was definitely 144 even for the 59fifty.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.