T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some designs i see all the time at the state fair, rallies etc that are like the boy peeing on the car logo or the different truck logos etc - a lot of the same..
I know it is great to be different but a lot want some of the basics that they have seen already. Is there a few GOOD cd's to get that have some basics??
thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ahh thats one of those cds you get from ebay you're after.

You've been warned...

#1 They're most likley pirated images within the 1,000,000 graphics contained on the cd.

#2 It's a rare event that you'll find a decent image to work with especially cutting in vinyl.
And it seems whoever made these graphics scaned from a scan from a scan etc.

Not a bad deal for $5 - Buy cheap pay twice. Your call.

Have a goodie!

·
Registered
431 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that the Calvin graphic is copyrighted and as such such is not legal to use even though it is probably one of the most widely used graphics out there. Just be warned that Calvin peeing on a car could possibly come around and bite you on the butt. Not highly likely but possible just the same.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Ahh thats one of those cds you get from ebay you're after.

You've been warned...

#1 They're most likley pirated images within the 1,000,000 graphics contained on the cd.

#2 It's a rare event that you'll find a decent image to work with especially cutting in vinyl.
And it seems whoever made these graphics scaned from a scan from a scan etc.

Not a bad deal for $5 - Buy cheap pay twice. Your call.

Have a goodie!
I suggest you don't but from ebay. I bought some designs a few yrs. ago and ended up being sued for $350,000. The good deal ended up a nightmare. I settled out of court for a lot less money, but for what it cost me, I could have bought a lot of legal clip art. The kicker is I thought I was buying legitimate designs. ..... JB

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I suggest you don't but from ebay. I bought some designs a few yrs. ago and ended up being sued for $350,000. The good deal ended up a nightmare. I settled out of court for a lot less money, but for what it cost me, I could have bought a lot of legal clip art. The kicker is I thought I was buying legitimate designs. ..... JB
Sorry to hear about that - did you sue them in turn? For selling you stolen property?
I hope things turned out ok.
For a while I will just buy as I go :)

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
The key thing to remember is Ebay will protect themselves first. The seller and Ebay both made a deal to provide names of purchasers in exchange for immunity from prosecution. I guess a lawsuit could have been proposed, but the cost would have outweighed the gain. .... JB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts