T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to the pre printing clothing line, and I'm looking to see where I can order a tagless, unmarked good qaulity t shirt from? of course all of the shirts you see on these wholesale sites only sell shirts with tags. I figure if I find a good shirt that is unmarked I can print my own tag in the back. Thanks for all of your help. Happy screen printing!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Re: Where to buy unmarked tee's at?

Out of curiosity - why is it difficult to find a completely blank shirt? If it's something that's so often asked for, I would think there would be plenty of supply... :confused:

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

Out of curiosity - why is it difficult to find a completely blank shirt?
Laziness I think. You can only sell them one legitimate business to another, and with the appropriate paperwork. Wholesalers would need to be even more careful about who they sold to, and keeping track of the paperwork.

And frankly, most of the people who come to the forums asking for these kind of blanks wouldn't meet the requirements (more often than not it's excited newbies without the appropriate business licenses... admittedly because the rest of us have resigned ourselves to the way it is and simply don't ask, not because there's no demand).

It's also to protect their customers because they know damn well if they sold product like that the majority of people who bought it would onsell it without bothering to meet their legal labelling obligations.

·
Administrator
14,207 Posts

Out of curiosity - why is it difficult to find a completely blank shirt? If it's something that's so often asked for, I would think there would be plenty of supply... :confused:

Because there are labeling laws. Garments must have their origin, washing instructions, etc. And if it came completely blank, you wouldn't know what the sizes where.

·
Registered
220 Posts

Because there are labeling laws. Garments must have their origin, washing instructions, etc. And if it came completely blank, you wouldn't know what the sizes where.
LOL thanks Joe. I would presume they meant completely blank except for the mini size labels :)

So, I gather it's not so much that there isn't demand/ supply, it's more because you're not allowed to buy completely blank, due to labelling laws etc..

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

So, I gather it's not so much that there isn't demand/ supply, it's more because you're not allowed to buy completely blank, due to labelling laws etc..
You are allowed, but because people sometimes equate "difficult" with "impossible" the idea that you're not allowed starts floating around.

Shirts require labels when sold to the end consumer, which a clothing label (for example) is not. When being passed around behind the scenes (business to business) they just need the appropriate paperwork.

But if a wholesaler accidentally sold to an end consumer, they could get in trouble with the FTC. Plus they'd have to work hard to educate all their customers (I know I'd have absolutely no interest in doing that if I was them - too much work for too little benefit).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts