T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello where are some good locations to buy tshirt transfers. I have been buying them off ebay but when they are ironed on they come out faded. I cannot buy a tshirt press until spring or summer.
hugs
Chrissy

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hi Chrissy,

I would seriously start saving up for the heat press first. There is no way of guaranteeing any good results with an iron, and you will most likely have problems with the transfers no matter where you get them from.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
If you are looking for ink jet transfers for IRON-ON, I'd recommend the Avery brand (that you can buy at Office Suppy stores). Make sure you apply HEAVY, EVEN pressure with the iron to affix the transfer properly, and also make sure you trim the excess around your design before ironing.

I would not recommend you actually sell iron-on shirts, though. You might use them as a prototype or to give to friends, but the lower quality and consistency just isn't something you should be selling IMO. If you really want to sell some shirts before you can get your own press, you might try a fulfillment service instead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you I design my own graphics for the shirts. I will not be able to get a heat press till June. I have sold about 20 shirts so far on ebay. But I wish they were a little darker. I have to call epson this am for the settings for shirt transfers. I tried the settings in the forum and everthing is a darker blue. ugh.

hugs
Chrissy

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I am a former Epson rep. What printer do you have that you think you need special instructions. I use my Epson (all in one) cx7800 which uses the ultra durabrite ink at text/picture setting and most of my pictures are 72 dpi. Do not set you printer for picture setting. People think that by adding more ink that willl help. It doesn't. A lot of tranfer people use the CX86 which is a great printer for doing your work. If you need more info let me know. Lou

1 - 7 of 7 Posts