T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to these forums... Glad I found this place, it's a great resource especially for someone new in the business. I've been in a sign making business since 1999, but now I want to expand slowly into some heat transfers on shirts, canvas shopping bags etc. So I could use allot of help if someone is willing to help...

This forum helped me already. I was about to purchase Illumapress from eBay, good thing I decided to Google the name. The info I read here definitely discouraged me from buying this brand. I'm not looking for anything fancy... like I mentioned this is not my main business and I want to take baby steps in it. From what a read here, SUNIE 15"x15" is probably one of the best inexpensive presses out there. Right now SUNIE offers a decent deal on this press $250 including shipping. Can anyone recommend a good dealer that sells for better price or should I just go ahead and buy from SUNIE...?

I would also appreciate your comments on the model itself: HP4801

Thanks, G

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought mine at Proworld, which has upgraded electronics and a much longer warranty, though it is a little more money:

Heat Press Machines: Discount T-Shirt Heat Press Transfer Machine<br>

For the limited amount of test runs I have done with it, it has even heat, pretty accurate temp. I would recommend placing it where you can clamp/bolt it down especially if you are going to be using it for heavy pressure settings.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the same heat press. I would go order it from sunIE, I think it's the best deal you can get for a good quality press.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then Sunie it is... They sell the same press on eBay (seller Sunie.com!), it's slightly more, I guess to offset eBay fees. However, I noticed that the specs are little different. The press on eBay is a bit more powerful 1600W opposed to the one on Sunie.com which is 1500W and rated for lower temperature. I don't believe this makes a big difference. It's possible that the website hasn't been updated, but in fact these heat presses are the same...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm leaning towards TransPro 15"x15" press from Pro World, mostly because of the 5 year warranty. Besides, I noticed that Sunie.com are not very responsive to email inquiries, at least the person in charge of their eBay sales wasn't. She responded once and never answered any of my emails after where I was asking specific questions...

Pro World on the other hand showed awesome email response. In my business I deal with allot of customers over the Internet and appreciate other companies who take online inquiries seriously like I do, same as telephone calls...

Question for those of you who are more advanced in this business:

- Are Sunie and TransPro the same press?
- TransPro is 1400W (Sunie is 1500W and the ones they advertise on eBay are 1600W). Is 1400W powerful enough...?

I'd like to make a decision today and place my order. Thanks for your help,
G

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Transpro is made by Sunie, Proworld upgrades the electronics, adds four years to the warranty and charges a little more. I have the same press you are interested in purchasing, as I stated above and I have yet to have any problems with it being 1400W. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your input, Angelo. One of the ProWorld reps told me they make their own presses, they used to buy them from Sunie, but not anymore... If they really make their own, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad, given the good rep Sunie has...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I placed my order with Pro World. Unfortunately we're in the process of moving, so I won't be able to test the press very soon. I am excited to try some CAD cut...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts