T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering where to get small screens with the mesh on them already? I can only find 18x20 and 20x24. Do u know of anywhere that sells smaller screens? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Administrator
14,013 Posts
How small is small? Not everyone has them, and those that do charge as much or more than an 18 X 20. So most of us just use half of the bigger screens and burn 2 images on each 18X20 or 20X24.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just found Stamdard Screen Supply. They do as small as 8x10 for $13-$16 yay!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I'm not gonna buy a frame that small. I want something a little bigger like 12x12 but yeah I get your point about the frame being apart of the dimensions. And the smaller frames r cheaper than the bigger ones. It's just a pain in the butt having a printer that only makes 8.5x11 prints and I have this HUGE frame. I'd like to get a large format printer but that won't be anytime soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can Call Pocono Screen supply Pocono Mt. Screen Supply - Screen Printing Supplies, Screen Printing Equipment, and Screen Printing Frames
They do custom screens, or you can do what I did,

I needed 2 small Screens for repeat Jobs and didn't what to tie up my high mesh screens and have to reclaim and reburn them, so I purchased 1 20x24 high mesh screen when I ordered some other stuff, to get to the free shipping level. then I had a friend make 2 wood frames 1.25 square with outside dim's of 15x10. when the frame arrived I placed the wood frames on a 1/8 inch spacer side by side turned the new screen upside down on top of them and used clamps to pull the screen down enough to tighten, Once I was happy with the tension I applied CA glue (super glue) gap filling, which is available at any hobby shop, along with activator. let it set for several hours, while I accompanied the better half grocery shopping, when I got home, I used a razor blade to cut around the screens. Ta Da, when I have another screen to remesh I will send both factory frames and get them re meshed.

Jake

·
Administrator
14,013 Posts
I needed 2 small Screens for repeat Jobs and didn't what to tie up my high mesh screens and have to reclaim and reburn them, so I purchased 1 20x24 high mesh screen when I ordered some other stuff, to get to the free shipping level. then I had a friend make 2 wood frames 1.25 square with outside dim's of 15x10. when the frame arrived I placed the wood frames on a 1/8 inch spacer side by side turned the new screen upside down on top of them and used clamps to pull the screen down enough to tighten, Once I was happy with the tension I applied CA glue (super glue) gap filling, which is available at any hobby shop, along with activator. let it set for several hours, while I accompanied the better half grocery shopping, when I got home, I used a razor blade to cut around the screens. Ta Da, when I have another screen to remesh I will send both factory frames and get them re meshed.
I have no idea what you just said, but that seems like an awful lot of work just to save $12.

Why not just burn both images on 1 screen?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha I have no idea what they said either. Agreed lol

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I'm with you Spathead. I buy 20 x 24 screens and sometimes I burn two or three images (depending on the size) on the same screen. $13-$16 GM Graphics have 20 x 24 for $12. Just because your printer only prints 8.5 x 11 you can still use the 20 x24 and coat the screen once, expose once, and have two or more ready for print images on the same screen. The image that is not needed just tape it off until you are ready for it.

I guess you have to do what's best for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts