T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used DTG Kiosk 2 that needs a new print head. I've searched but have not been able to locate where to buy a replacement besides one I found on eBay for over $500!
What are the best source(s) to purchase a replacement print head for a DTG Kiosk 2?? Everywhere I've found is either out of stock, back-ordered or no longer available.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long had it been sitting before you bought it? More than likely needs a lot more than just a printhead.
It sat for 3 months but all the lines had been flushed with cleaning solution. It has new dampers, ribbon cables, capping station and encoder strip. Those were all pretty easy to find. Just can't find a new print head for it.

· Registered
10,343 Posts
www.dtginks.com sells them. epson has started restricting parts availability for the 2200 and print head prices have gone from around $230 to around $500. We have a few of them that we purchased before the prices went up.

· Registered
27 Posts
Well that would be a great idea except we sold our DTG because we never printed enough to make it profitable. We tried trading it in on another embroidery machine since we do tons of that. And SWF would only give us $1000 for a trade in. Their loss we bought a Barudan and sold the DTG outright. Compassmicro does ask for a serial number of the Kiosk or printer probably to help cut down on that activity.

· Registered
10,343 Posts
epson makes them ask. we have a couple of sources for print heads. the local one requires us to bring the machine in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.