T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Actually, the guy I buy my paper from does sell on ebay and his paper is not crap. But make sure we are talking about "Iron All" for lights. Because of this paper and the feel of it after applying I have gotten some really nice jobs. I don't know what paper JDR is talking about but i would like to know. And I have bought some paper that was crap on ebay when I started out.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I just did over 100 shirts with it.yeah, your right on the white both sides. First understand that the They don't manufacture the paper. I am sitting here doing test tees for a client and I have had not one problem. I wish I could record what I am doing but I will describe it so maybe it will help. These are the exact steps I take. One thing I know and I talked to John this morning about it and that the pigment ink does not dry on this paper right away. I take them out of the printer as I print and separate them. The first time I did not do this the little white flakes you are talking about is the reside drop outs from stacking. Ok, 1. I print. I can use right away or let dry. I let dry most of the time. I have my temp at 375. I pre-heat my shirt 6 seconds.(YOU MUST DO THIS STEP)I lay the transfer down on the shirt and press for about 20 second. I lift press and immediately peel top left down to bottom right. Done/ Now what is great about the paper. I take shirt off press and stretch it. The shirt becomes soft as if the design was printed at the factory as part of the shirt. Have you ever tried to iron a hot peel. You could ruin it.There are all kinds of thing you have to do so you don't ruin the shirt. Not so with Iron all. I can iron right over the design. I always iron my shirts for clients and fold them.. Just me. I know John at new Milford and he has bent over backwords to accommodate me if I have a problem. I have, but it was with other papers, and yes I did print on the smooth side because it is not marked. Usually the paper tends to curl toward the printing side. And there is a difference in the surfaces. it is a pain I know. But call John, tell him you spoke to me and see what he will do. he does not want problems and you want nice looking tees. If I can ever be of any help just email me. Lou

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Ok, that is a problem. Try feeding it one sheet at a time. But because you got the rollers dirty that feed the paper here is what you should do. (I am an ex product rep for epson) Swab some alcohol on the rollers to clean them. They have some of the ink on them when you had trouble feeding it. (Been there, done that)The rollers have become smooth. No grip. My cx7800, one month old had the same problem. The feed on Epson suck. The paper did not help. But if you use the paper you will see why I do use it. By the way I do not work for the company. I did contact John about the info you have on the forum and he said he was going to get on and address the issue.

1 - 3 of 16 Posts