T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I've been looking in the threads to find the recommended suppliers for MOUSEPADS for INKJET heat transfer papers, like JetproSofstretch. I cannot find good answers out there.

Will you please share who do you buy your mousepads from (1/4")?

No dye sub leads, please, I found plenty of dye sub mousepads out there in Googleland and in here on the forum. I am really looking to find the really good suppliers of mousepads for INKJET heat transfer.

Thanks so much! :)

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure about the cloth, but the ones I got from imprintables are pretty good!

Thanks, Pete. I took the word cloth out now, just because I'm not sure if that is the right term for the inkjet ones or not, and I don't want to add confusion. Just looking for good suppliers of inkjet mousepads that are not for sublimation.

I don't know exactly what the non-polyester mousepads are commonly called. Are they covered in cotton and or cotton blends? What threads I could find, they were called cloth or not called anything in particular.

Thanks anyone who can help me. :)

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks, Pete. I took the word cloth out now, just because I'm not sure if that is the right term for the inkjet ones or not, and I don't want to add confusion. Just looking for good suppliers of inkjet mousepads that are not for sublimation.

I don't know exactly what the non-polyester mousepads are commonly called. Are they covered in cotton and or cotton blends? What threads I could find, they were called cloth or not called anything in particular.

Thanks anyone who can help me. :)
I have been using jpss on both the polyester mouse pads and coasters and can wraps from best blanks. It works great! My printer is a C120 epson with heat transfer ink from inkjetcarts.us. - They look better than anyone elses I have seen as far as color. Just remember to cover your bottom platten with parchment or teflon as you do not trim to fit and the excess may make a mess. Also preheat for 10 seconds and press for 23 seconds works well with my hix set at 365 med. pressure. Good luck, Marie

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been using jpss on both the polyester mouse pads and coasters and can wraps from best blanks. It works great! My printer is a C120 epson with heat transfer ink from inkjetcarts.us. - They look better than anyone elses I have seen as far as color. Just remember to cover your bottom platten with parchment or teflon as you do not trim to fit and the excess may make a mess. Also preheat for 10 seconds and press for 23 seconds works well with my hix set at 365 med. pressure. Good luck, Marie

Thanks a ton, Marie. I plan to get those carts, I have that printer, I love that paper, so your post really hits close to home. Thank you also for the detailed instructions how to press them. I really appreciate it.

PS: How do you deal with the excess? Do you trim with an exacto knife, or is there an easier way? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks a ton, Marie. I plan to get those carts, I have that printer, I love that paper, so your post really hits close to home. Thank you also for the detailed instructions how to press them. I really appreciate it.

PS: How do you deal with the excess? Do you trim with an exacto knife, or is there an easier way? Thanks. :)
No need to do anything other than just peel. I make my designs about 1/4 to 1/2 inch larger than then the mousepad or coaster. That is why I cover the bottom platten so it stays clean. For koozies or can wraps I cut to size.

·
Registered
225 Posts
...How do you deal with the excess? Do you trim with an exacto knife, or is there an easier way? Thanks. :)
I really like using a rotary trimmer. Really a fast way to make accurate straight cuts.

I demo one as as part of this tutorial video on how to make a mousepad:)

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOM7MXtC7FQ[/MEDIA]

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, Mike. I have an Exacto rotary trimmer, slices paper like butter.

So, you trim to about 1/8 to 1/4" larger than the mousepad and press.... what happens to the excess? Does it melt and lay down on the 'sides' of the mousepad? That's what I was wondering about trimming -- if you have to remove that somehow post press, or do you just leave it?

PS: For some reason, each time I click a link like the above, I am taken to the homepage of the forum. It's been happening for 2 days now. Hmm.

Is there another place to find that vid, Mike?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks, Mike. I have an Exacto rotary trimmer, slices paper like butter.

So, you trim to about 1/8 to 1/4" larger than the mousepad and press.... what happens to the excess? Does it melt and lay down on the 'sides' of the mousepad? That's what I was wondering about trimming -- if you have to remove that somehow post press, or do you just leave it?

PS: For some reason, each time I click a link like the above, I am taken to the homepage of the forum. It's been happening for 2 days now. Hmm.

Is there another place to find that vid, Mike?
Direct link to vid...
How to Make a Mouse Pad using Digital Inkjet Heat Transfers | Learn All About... Digital Heat Transfer Printing

I trim exactly to the edge of the image which is 1/8" bigger than the mousepad. So for our most popular pad which is 9.25x7.75x.25", I make the image 9.5"x8".

When hot peeled, the remainder just hangs over the edge and never releases from the paper backing.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Direct link to vid...
How to Make a Mouse Pad using Digital Inkjet Heat Transfers | Learn All About... Digital Heat Transfer Printing

I trim exactly to the edge of the image which is 1/8" bigger than the mousepad. So for our most popular pad which is 9.25x7.75x.25", I make the image 9.5"x8".

When hot peeled, the remainder just hangs over the edge and never releases from the paper backing.
LOL, well, I *did* very much enjoy the video. Thanks, Mike. You make pressing the mousepads look simple as could be, and I now think I need a *better* rotary trimmer! :)

Have a great day. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Direct link to vid...

I never trim for doing the mouse pads. That is why I cover the bottom platten with parchment or teflon just in case any ink should go there. Very seldom does it.

I just press and peel. I have been using your 9.25 x 7.25 x .25.--In fact I hope my order arrives tomorrow. My only gripe is the shipping cost because of the weight. Is there a certain amount to order to maybe get a better rate ?
Marie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.