T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Where do you buy your custom plastisol transfers?

Why did you go with this company over the others?

What other companies have you tried?

Just for reference, here's a the list of suppliers...INTERNATIONAL

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Re: Where do you buy YOUR custom plastisol transfers?

I will never, never, never contact Silver Mtn again. They do not answer emails. They said they would snd me samples as everyone else did and they did not. This is called lousy customer service. I will look into some more of the names you listed but right now it is First Edition and Dowling.

·
Registered
302 Posts

I agree with Lou wholeheartedly with regards to Silver Mountain. I initially wanted to go with them for my transfers but they never answered ANY of my e-mails.

Luckily, suzieh told me about Dowling Graphics. I went with them because of the excellent recommendation but Susan and because they allow oversized ganging. When I contacted them with questions they answered the same day and have been super through the entire process.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

TeeShirtSamurai said:
I agree with Lou wholeheartedly with regards to Silver Mountain. I initially wanted to go with them for my transfers but they never answered ANY of my e-mails.

Luckily, suzieh told me about Dowling Graphics. I went with them because of the excellent recommendation but Susan and because they allow oversized ganging. When I contacted them with questions they answered the same day and have been super through the entire process.
I only wish they had a pricing matrix online :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

shirtguy said:
Try www.semoimprints.com best one I have worked with. Special personal attention. Jim the owner is very good at what he does.
I added them to the list above....

It looks like they charge a premium if your artwork contains ganged images.

I'm not sure why that would matter unless they are cutting your images for you for that additional cost for the same sized transfer. :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts

hey Atari, wow.... thanks for the resource list.
Do you know if all these peeps own a factory and manufacture or do they contract it out ?

I know Clarke Dundas from X-it is great guy and his 90's Slix collection was a big hit....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Scrap-Boy said:
hey Atari, wow.... thanks for the resource list.
Do you know if all these peeps own a factory and manufacture or do they contract it out?
Actually that list is mostly from another thread here.... in the other thread it had some characters after it to designate a couple different things like "C" = "they do custom transfers" etc... but I don't think that where the transfers were made was considered. I think it's pretty much assumed that they are all made in house... ? (I think :confused: )

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Just a bump.... we're still looking for suggestions on who to use.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

TeeShirtSamurai said:
Man you listed more than I knew existed. I think you have plenty of choices. ;)

More choices are a good thing.

It makes them compete on quality as well as price ;)

Keep them coming... if you know them, list them.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

Atari said:
More choices is good.

It makes them compete on quality as well as price ;)
Only if you inform each and every vendor that you are shopping their prices. At which point you will not get much out of them as they won't continue to try and BEAT another vendors pricing. What you need to do is:

1 pick a few YOU think are decent

2 order some tranfers to sample

3 make up YOUR mind on quality and pricing that is right for YOU

·
Registered
302 Posts

tcrowder said:
Only if you inform each and every vendor that you are shopping their prices. At which point you will not get much out of them as they won't continue to try and BEAT another vendors pricing. What you need to do is:

1 pick a few YOU think are decent

2 order some tranfers to sample

3 make up YOUR mind on quality and pricing that is right for YOU
You stole my post. :mad::D

·
Registered
28 Posts

Can anyone recommend a transfer printer in the Philadelphia area? Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts

Atari said:
Where do you buy your custom plastisol transfers?

Why did you go with this company over the others?

What other companies have you tried?

Just for reference, here's a the list of suppliers...
Sorry to come upon this thread so late, but I just joined the forum today and have many questions about heat transfers. My first question is whether the plastisol transfers are up to the quality of screen printing. I have seen some transfers from Ace Transfer Company and they have a 'rubbery' feel to them and look like tranfers. I have a line of baseball graphics shirts that I normally do 5 colors on and was thinking of switching to heat transfers, but am hesitant because I still want to provide a quality product to my customers.

From your list and other members input, it seems like the choices are between Dowling, First Edition, Howard and Image Setters. Between these choices, consdiering all things, which would you recommend?

Thanks! Any input you can provide will be greatly appreicated!

·
Registered
36 Posts

I've used AET transfers for years. They offer the free ganging for different designs and the quality's good. Plus they have the paper to do transfers in house.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Once you apply the transfer, are you able to tell it is not screen printed?

If so, what is the difference? Durability?

·
Registered
36 Posts

Basically, with the plastisol transfers, you really can't tell. Although, I would never lie to a customer. I would get samples, press them and show your customers. I've found that a lot of my customers associate transfers with being cheap and feeling like a patch. Once they see the good dtuff thats out there, most of them are up it. You can get either digital or the plastisol transfers. And either way, you can change the feel of them by how you press them. Once you find a good company, you are all set.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts