T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Solmu

On a related topic, where do you buy your blanks (if you don't mind divulging this)? Im in Australia, too (Perth) and have been looking high and low for a wholesaler with white, top quality, heavyweight 100% cotton blanks, but despite constant checking of Ebay, Googling (Oz and international) and yellow pages searches, I can't find much at all...and nothing at a price lower than around $5 minimum per T.

I have a friend who buys good qual plain white Men's Ts in Melbourne at the very good RETAIL price of 3 for $7(Aust), but by the time they're posted over here, we're back to that $5+ mark.

Surely there are reliable quality wholesalers in SE Asia, but how to get on to them without hopping a plane and going to Malaysia, Indon, Thailand etc for a snoop around? There MUST be a way...

Any info gratefully accepted.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Re: Am I being unreasonable?

Hi Ross - I'm looking into getting my adult blanks from dollarshirts.com as they have no minimums and the price per shirt is pretty OK with shipping if you order more than a few (24 Hanes Heavyweight shirts works out at around $3.20AUD per shirt including the postage - 48 of the same shirt works out at $2.88AUD incl postage).

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
The place I currently buy my blanks from doesn't have anything for under $5 a shirt, which is why I too am still looking for a supplier I'm happy with (that and the fact that they're frustratingly inflexible). If I find one I will drink a celebratory beer.

I guess the cheapest place I know of is a local store that charges $10 for four white blanks (retail), but I can't imagine the shirt is much better than tissue paper (to be honest I haven't looked closely as I don't generally print on white).

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I haven't tried the dollarshirts variety (not sure how they are different), but I've used FOL Lofteez 100% cotton, 6.1 ounce t-shirts before and they were good quality.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Am I being unreasonable?

Hi Ross - I'm looking into getting my adult blanks from dollarshirts.com as they have no minimums and the price per shirt is pretty OK with shipping if you order more than a few (24 Hanes Heavyweight shirts works out at around $3.20AUD per shirt including the postage - 48 of the same shirt works out at $2.88AUD incl postage).

Have you got some from dollarshirts.com yet? what are they like? i got some samples from another web site and they seem to be really thin and see through.... and im not sure what to look for when buying bulk? the one you gettin in what the GSM? and are they like close to surf brand type makes and thickness?

·
Registered
24 Posts
We order Gildan and Bella from Superior Activewear in Sydney, they are under $5 ea. We also order from Ramo, AS Colour (which are great and fantastic quality for their prices), AAA or Gaziani from Spire, and T-Shirt Magic. For something a bit higher end we go with AA from BYM International but they're triple the price of some other brands.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I usd to buy my t's from HARD ROCK in Sydney ,all good weight cotton ,side seems made in China ,AUZZY company,will lso do lable orders, may not be as cheap as you want but sure under $5. on standard plains kids cheaper, remember you get what you pay for and don't want bad quality.Highly reccomend you check them out at least.Cheers Lorraine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, I usd to buy my t's from HARD ROCK in Sydney ,all good weight cotton ,side seems made in China ,AUZZY company,will lso do lable orders, may not be as cheap as you want but sure under $5. on standard plains kids cheaper, remember you get what you pay for and don't want bad quality.Highly reccomend you check them out at least.Cheers Lorraine.
i thought hard rock were just ramo suppliers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, yes they have changed their lable,however it is worth getting a sample and catologue/price list.The quality for price will be of interest, I have not bought for a while,but found them good to deal with .They will give prices for personalied lableblng,you don't have to have ramo on them.They really keep their shape and print well on the brushed cotton 195gsm weight.I particuly like there sleeveless chesty fitted T,.Cheers Lorraine.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi there

hey mate

read this post you made

are you able to give me a quick lowdown about dollarshirts.com

quality? pricing? etc.

total beginner here, just trying to scope things out

thanks!!
James

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Dollarshirts dont ship to Australia, any other places anyone knows of to get shirts under $5? I can not for the life on me find any! Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Dollarshirts dont ship to Australia, any other places anyone knows of to get shirts under $5? I can not for the life on me find any! Thanks
Yes from me! What colours do you want etc? I have about 2000 blanks, great fit and quality, but only in red or black.

I am really flexible with numbers, $3 each and I am in Sydney if you want to have a look, everyone has been really happy with the quality so I am happy to show them off!

Give me a buzz on 0414 584 064.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any joys on this situation for Perth suppliers?

The only REAL supplier I found in Perth was JBs ware, but they quoted me $6.50 per tee and wanted to charge me $15 for courier fees even though I wanted to go to them to collect. Bit of a rip off.

I've been using wholesale-blank-tshirts.com.au in Sydney since. They have a good selection of Gildan, Hanes, FOTL, JBs (cheaper than Perth supplier, WTF?), QUOZ, RAMO, Sportage and a few others.

Started out using Gildan, but found the cut of the tees was inconsistent and irregular, which meant some prints came out a little lop sided or off center in relation to the neck hole.

Moved to Hanes and their combed cotton, seemed like a good product. But their customer service was really bad, missing items from orders, they wouldn't ship orders if they had some items not in stock and wouldn't tell me until I contacted them a week later, that kinda thing. Then I started to receiving tees that we're up to 6cm shorter than their advertised length, did they care about my concerns regarding this issue? No, they didn't give me any response to that, they obviously didn't care their product was so wrong, and had no concern about making things right with me.

So I've been using Sportage since then, everything seems good so far. Still spending $6 or so per tee, but its combed cotton, and service has been good so far.

But having to wait 2-3 days for order arrivals kills my sales from people who leave things to the last minute. I really do need a Perth supplier who isn't a rip off, and offers a really solid range of garment styles and colour options.

Any info??? Let me know at sales[USER=157398]@SymbolicTeez[/USER].com.au

Cheers!

Mike - Symbolic Teez

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any joys on this situation for Perth suppliers?

The only REAL supplier I found in Perth was JBs ware, but they quoted me $6.50 per tee and wanted to charge me $15 for courier fees even though I wanted to go to them to collect. Bit of a rip off.

I've been using wholesale-blank-tshirts.com.au in Sydney since. They have a good selection of Gildan, Hanes, FOTL, JBs (cheaper than Perth supplier, WTF?), QUOZ, RAMO, Sportage and a few others.

Started out using Gildan, but found the cut of the tees was inconsistent and irregular, which meant some prints came out a little lop sided or off center in relation to the neck hole.

Moved to Hanes and their combed cotton, seemed like a good product. But their customer service was really bad, missing items from orders, they wouldn't ship orders if they had some items not in stock and wouldn't tell me until I contacted them a week later, that kinda thing. Then I started to receiving tees that we're up to 6cm shorter than their advertised length, did they care about my concerns regarding this issue? No, they didn't give me any response to that, they obviously didn't care their product was so wrong, and had no concern about making things right with me.

So I've been using Sportage since then, everything seems good so far. Still spending $6 or so per tee, but its combed cotton, and service has been good so far.

But having to wait 2-3 days for order arrivals kills my sales from people who leave things to the last minute. I really do need a Perth supplier who isn't a rip off, and offers a really solid range of garment styles and colour options.

Any info??? Let me know at sales@SymbolicTeez.com.au

Cheers!

Mike - Symbolic Teez

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone - anyone - anything new in Perth scene? - I'm looking for a supplier and printer of blank T's for my upcoming fun run - cost is the bottom line.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts