T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
You could buy blank t-shirts from somewhere like eBay. They buy some proper T-Shirt printing paper and do the logo's and print them out and iron them on yourself.

A lot of them turn out really well. It took me a couple of goes to figure out what I was actually doing. I printed on the wrong side and forgot to take the backing off the paper before I started to iron it on etc.

Or, you could go to www.cafepress.com and set up an account there. You choose the designs, upload them, then buy the T-Shirts.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Elleth Faewen said:
If I want to get custom T-shirts, but not a large quantity, where do I start?
It would depend on just how many t-shirts you need.

Are you thinking of 5? 12? 50? 100?

Once you have the quantity in mind, then I could point you to sources to get the quantity you're interested in.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
For small quantities, I would suggest getting someone to heat press them for you. This will provide higher quality than an iron-on transfer, and should also be better than cafepress (they use heat transfer, but inferior supplies as far as I can tell/have heard).

If you don't have anyone local, I can do something (any number of colors) up to 8.5x11 myself. It will probably cost a bit to ship them (unless you're in Colorado), but if you're interested you can email me at twinge{at}gmail{dot}com.

If you do decide to use an iron-on transfer at home instead, keep in mind the most important thing is pressure. Press into the iron with both hands and apply a heavy, steady pressure (following the directions). This still won't be as good as a professional heat press, but should last at least a while.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like the zazzle tees myself.

I need to get a quote for 100 tees.. he says unlimited color.
i figured sublimited dye for this would be the cheaper.. anyone know
of a good place for this. i have a zazzle price and cafepress.. but was wondering if there was another one that may be a possabilaty.

Jock

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
mtn910 said:
I like the zazzle tees myself.

I need to get a quote for 100 tees.. he says unlimited color.
i figured sublimited dye for this would be the cheaper.. anyone know
of a good place for this. i have a zazzle price and cafepress.. but was wondering if there was another one that may be a possabilaty.

If you are getting 100 tees with the same design, my first suggestion to you would be to always check pricing with a screen printer first.

Unlimited colors is not always "unlimited colors". Screen printing has come a long way since simple 3 and 4 color designs.

It is designs for exactly that type of work (bulk purchases of the same design) and you will most likely get a better pricing and great quality from a screen printer.

You can either find a local screen printer or search for some companies in Google by searching for: screen printing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts