T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have designed some interesting Tees and would like to locate a manufacturer who can market them. Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

Manufacturers usually don't "market" designs, they just print them.

It's usually up to the designer to market and sell their designs.

You can sometimes try to approach larger established companies to see if they would like to purchase your designs, but that's like trying to approach a famous movie director with your untested script, it's not likely to get much response.

Another method would be to attend a tradeshow and showcase your designs there, and if there are interested buyers (for retail stores), then you can find a local screen printer to print hte shirts and you can sell wholesale to the retails stores. That way you're not printing any shirts before you have a buyer.

Most people who have great t-shirt ideas usually try to sell a few themselves. By either printing them themselves, outsourcing the printing to a local screen printer, or using a fulfillment service like cafepress.com,spreadshirt.com, zazzle.com, etc.

That's when you can "prove" your designs are interesting putting them up for actual people to buy. That is a good test of whether they are marketable. Then you can start working the wholesale route after that point.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You will probably want to use either heat transfer or dtg to print that design, since it has so many colors. As far as marketing it, I wouldnt waste my time at a trade show with political t-shirts. Major retailers will not touch them. The retailers that would consider carrieng something like that are places like small record stores, skate shops, college book stores, small boutiques.

Your best bet would be marketing them online, I would say

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Jon said:
I wouldnt waste my time at a trade show with political t-shirts. Major retailers will not touch them
Have you taken your political designs to tradeshows? Which show did you go to? What type of feedback did you get?

It's not only major retailers that go to those shows. College stores, record shops, etc (any retail buyer) also attends tradeshows.

·
Registered
43 Posts
give us a link to go check out your designs, a lot of tee shirt companies big and small here might be willing to cut you a slice of the pie for using your desgin.. get your hustle on! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I haven't. I have been thinking about finding people to help me with my theme. There is a lot more to go with this issue if the price of gas goes up again. I got a lot of jokes:

Consumer magazine reported this month that Exxon Mobil gas is so powerful it not only clean you engine while you drive it also cleans your wallet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
thats a good one, funny. im sure there are a lot of corporate jokes one could put on a shirt....and a lot of potentially angry corporations! Funny but watch out! Be sure that your not breaking some do-do bird law!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What can I say Neversatified, Good things for the Oil companies the price of gas is going down. The higher it goes the more stuff I can design. I would like to find some people with input. I know the gas war is not over yet. Remember to drive carefully it fills their pockets!

dj RF

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am sure if anyone gets squeamish I could change it to Oil Companies or start a trend and use "Grand Theft Oil" Something like:

What does addiction and dependency, have to do with need and demand: "Grand Theft Oil".

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
happydjRF said:
I am sure if anyone gets squeamish I could change it to Oil Companies or start a trend and use "Grand Theft Oil" Something like:

What does addiction and dependency, have to do with need and demand: "Grand Theft Oil".
That would be a lot better. I don't think you will have any copyright/trademark issues with that design.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts