T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
507 Posts
You should consider using T-shirtfourms.com :)
When I've needed folks I take three approaches.
1. Let others in my affiliate (not other printers) community know a position is available. You don't want to be poaching workers from local shops.
2. I find the 'grinders,' meaning those willing to work hard but underutilzed, often peruse Craigslist.
3. LinkedIn has proven an exceptional resource for skilled workers.
Now, don't underestimate what is available through the schools in your area. I have found offering internship positions keeps my pipeline full of candidates. Stay in touch and in a few years when they get some managment expereince, you can take measure of they happiness IQ.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I thought there might be somewhere specific to get an experienced press operator. I've been in the business for 16 years and have a solid book of business but have outsourced everything from the beginning. I should probably post all of this in another thread, but it explains my situation. The printer I've worked with closely this whole time is calling it quits and I basically have to start over with someone new or have my own shop. I'm good at sales, have never printed. The guy needs to be experienced since my customers will be expecting the same quality and turnaround. Thanks for the info, and I will post a more detailed account in another thread.

· Banned
581 Posts
I would post on CraigsList, poach from other shops and any local/city job boards you have available.

Truthfully though, I would open your audience up to people who aren't trained in operating a press yet. If you find someone who's eager to learn and has a great attitude you're winning. Train them, send them to tradeshows, make them amazing and it'll pay off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.