T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I figured this would be the best place to at least tap into some resources. Everything I have read so far on here has been of great help!
I am in the beginning stages of getting my poker t-shirt company off the ground. Hopefully, turning it into a full clothing line. My problem is I am having trouble finding an artist...of quality. I'm sure someone on here knows where to find or is an awesome artist. As of now I have about 15 t-shirt concepts that need art, with many more to come. I am looking for someone willing to bounce ideas off of, that will send me concepts before going to town on design, and that can turn my ideas for specific shirts into art. I don't mean to come off pushy or won't let the artist have control. I want the artist to feel free to come up with designs as well, I'm just saying if I have a certian idea in mind for a specific shirt already that we look at all options for design. This site is a awesome tool and I look forward to hearing from people on here.

ps: This company is based out of Northern California (Sacramento)

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Hi Nikki, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!
(I'm in Sacramento as well)

You can find graphic designers through freelance services like designoutpost.com, guru.com, elance.com. You can also try classified ads service like craiglist.com, http://boards.screenprinters.net and you can even place a SERVICE REQUEST in our own T-ShirtForums Classifieds (once you have 15 posts in the forum).

Many of our members here are talented graphic artists, however, our forum rules don't allow self promotion in forum threads (or service requests in forum threads :))

I've found great designers through all the freelance services I've mentioned above (I particularly like the designoutpost.com format). Others have used ifreelance.com or other similar services.

Sometimes even a screen printer that you might work with will have an art department staff on hand that can help you flesh out your designs.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Nikki,

I suggest you pay a visit to t-shirt related sites like screenprinters.net, t-shirtlinks.com and SGIA to find graphic artist. These sites have industry links linking to t-shirt artist personal sites.

It is best if you can find graphic artist who understand screen printing process.

Especially when you need to print on black tee, ( like the poker designs line you are starting on) best if the t-shirt artist understands the concept of color separation and screen printing.

This way, you'll be quite safe on getting what you see on the degital file on to physical t-shirts.

Steven Lean

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't think finding an artist is the problem. Finding an artist to interpret
your ideas and convert those ideas to T-Shirt designs has always been a problem. Best to try and find an artist who does similar style work to what you are looking for and go on from there. Good Luck with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts