T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Jersey shore the other day and there was a pletora of custom print t-shirt shops where ever I went.

There were really nice designs and I asked the guy how he printed it and he told me all the t-shirts were heat pressed.

I was shocked because the quality of the tranfers on the shirt was as if there was no transfer at all. I couldnt believe it because the design and quality was really good so I bought a t-shirt and watched him press it.

He was using an air wave heat press which was cool cause it didnt make much noise and it looked about 15x15. He pressed the t for about 10 secs and peeled it off, he folded it and that was it.

I asked him where he got the prints and he said he didnt know. I was wondering where can I get good quality transfers that are already designed?, (like dragon,paint splatter and tattoo designs for example)
I'll put a pic of the t-shirt when I can so you guys can see what I mean. I really liked the design I hope they are not expensive.

Also, If I want to make my own designs will the tranfer paper also be of the same quality?

thanks for your time guys:D

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Those are called "stock transfers". They are usually screen printed transfers (also called plastisol transfers).

You can get them from companies like proworldinc.com, dowlinggraphics.com, airwavesinc.com, etc.

Also, If I want to make my own designs will the tranfer paper also be of the same quality?

If you wanted your own designs done the same way, you would need to find a plastisol transfer company to make those kind of transfers out of your designs. You can't do that type of transfer at home with an inkjet/laser printer.

Here are some companies that can do that for you: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t4095.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked out all the sites and they have designs similar to that shirt, but I cant find that specific one.

After looking at the websites and what they had who ever owned the store looked like he or she ordered from most of the heat transfer sites listed.
Too bad I cant find that one, I know that would also sell in my neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I checked out all the sites and they have designs similar to that shirt, but I cant find that specific one.

After looking at the websites and what they had who ever owned the store looked like he or she ordered from most of the heat transfer sites listed.
Too bad I cant find that one, I know that would also sell in my neighborhood.
Although they may not have that specific one, I thought your original question was where to get those "type" of designs as transfers, not that specific shirt?

I was wondering where can I get good quality transfers that are already designed?, (like dragon,paint splatter and tattoo designs for example)
The Airwaves link has those type of transfers. Splatters, dragons, tattoo designs, etc.

Also keep in mind that you may not be seeing their full catalogs online, so there are probably more selections in their printed catalogs.

Here's one from the airwaves catalog:

Some other places to try would be artbrands.com, xitonline.com, thewildside.com . I think there are a few others out there as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts