T-Shirt Forums banner

where can i find someone to print my positives?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  foot print 
#1 ·
Like FedEx, or some other place like a local tshirt shop, would they do it, perhaps?

#4 ·
There is a place in Santee CA. called Coastal supply, but I would check with Westix in Escondido Ca. they may know of some one else. ( and they have better customer service ) check with Matt or Dennis there.

#7 ·
For small film you can usually get it done at a local copy shop (Kinko's and the like). For larger jobs you can go to a place like oversizedfilm.com or make do with an architectural plan printer (this can be a hassle because they're not quite opaque enough, but you can make it work if you need to).

#9 ·
Yeah, I guess small was a little misleading - by "small" I basically meant standard desktop printer sort of sizes.

Some copy shops will print on media you provide, some won't. Some will have films in stock that are suitable, some won't. Unfortunately you generally just need to go in and find out (assuming you'd prefer a local place you can physically go to). Even amongst different branches of a franchise I've got different responses.

The online places that cater to large film output usually do more normal sized jobs as well, but that's probably not going to be cost effective.

The other option is to pay a screen exposure service to do the films and the screens. It's not the most cost effective option, but it's easy and usually means a good result.

#10 ·
if you go to kinko's cross your fingers that the person behind the counter know exactly what you need..or you may end up with junk..and if you are in North San Diego county..for sure check out WESTIX they are awesome and have a wealth of info. and always willing to help and answer all your questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.