T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply put, I have a clothing line that I haven't started yet. We expect this company to one day become like Ed Hardy, Crooks & Castles, etc. BIG NAMES that have their own branding, high quality pieces, etc. We have…

-a trademarked brand name
-a logo
-designs
-a website ready to be unveiled
-employees
-marketing

What we DONT have is ACTUAL T-SHIRTS.

I feel like I keep finding companies that do mousepads, coffee mugs, etc. in addition to t-shirts, and they don't do anything bigger than that. I don't really trust these rinky-dink companies that do that promotional kind of stuff.

What I'm looking for is a company that can supply me with HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS and can produce my T-Shirts with my own custom intricate designs, my own tags (preferably tagless even), and let me choose the style/material/quality the t-shirt is made out of.

All I see is cafepress, zazzle, etc. I need a company that can produce thousands of pieces and work with me as a business partner, not a "Make your t-shirt for your family and friends!" company. If anyone has any suggestions as to where I can find a place like this, let me know. Thank you!

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Re: I feel like I need something different… help?

What you want is a screen printer. There are tons of them. It may help to know where you are located so someone can make a recommendation.

If you want Ed Hardy quality prints, make sure you find a printer that uses water base and discharge inks.

If you want an all-over print, where the print covers the entire shirt, check out this thread that list printers that offer all-over prints: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/screen-printing/t8891.html.

Many printers offer relabel services. Make sure you read up on relabeling laws, as there are specific requirements involved.

You can either buy blank shirts from them, or source your own through a wholesale blank supplier. Since you want high quality, you will want to look into premium blank suppliers.

Hope this helps and good luck with your new brand!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Re: I feel like I need something different… help?

Hi Ben,

You may need find a business partner who can provide you "one-stop service", start from t-shirt design, sampling, production, all custom package can be satisfied, printing, embroidery and other additional service can be provided as long as you think it will be unique for your clothing lines and good in sell.

I may suggest you to to find a local "manufacturer" of t-shirt, or a big trading company who own a t-shirt factory or have their rich resources in providing t-shirt, all-in service can be provided include materials, sewing, printing, embroidery, package, shipping, etc. The advantages you get a factory, the biggest is wide selection to the t-shirt, no matter what design, material, sewing, accessories. Secondly, any accessories can be sourced easily because they have to, tag, label, tape, thread, button, zipper, special workmanships, many others. It is my experienced talk working from factory. Thirdly, it will save turnaround time during production, because you don't have to buy t-shirt here and send to another place for printing, embroidery, it save your energy by contacting with different dealers. Fourthly, save the cost, is most important also, because a lot of middleman has been avoided when you get a one-stop service, all what you will do is negotiate a price with one man will be enough, is better for the communication.

Of course, the pre-condition of finding a manufacturer is you have "regular orders" to work with them, otherwise, the cost will not be saved, because when you have regular orders, some materials can be pre-ordered, such as label, tag, package thing, the order prices will be more competitive than you order one order by another.

If you are only lack of a supplier for your blank t-shirt, there are so many famous t-shirt wholesalers, i know Gildan, fruit of the loom, hanes, just choose from them, and re-label if they agree to.

Therefore, just make your choices, and work out a better way for the business.

Bill

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi Ben,

Take a look at our website and let me know if you think we can help you out. We work with lots of small, a few medium sized and several larger clothing companies and would be willing to help you out.

Thanks,

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts