T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i am just starting to do my research about this business. I have seen many websites that offer wholesale blank shirts and what not, but i can't find what I'M looking for. Which is somewhere that I can give a company exact measurements for my sizes(geared towards bodybuilders who cant fit normal shirts) and still buy in bulk.

Thanks for Any Help.:)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: New to this. NEED HELP

I don't think you'll be able to find something like that, because those wholesale sites don't manufacture the t-shirts themselves.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hmm what would you suggest I do?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Really? How should I go about doing that?

·
Registered
968 Posts

Hi Parker,

it is another way out to find some reliable manufacturers to develop for your unique t-shirt. If you could supply size chart, and other details, many factories in your domestic or overseas and do you the help.

Bill

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Okay i'll check it out. Thanks

·
Registered
968 Posts

with chinese people is hard to comunnicate,its like with aliens:)
hi friend,

why did you think like that? I am not offensive, but you must have talked with some..., from aliens.

Anyway, business is business, just get what you expect with satisfactory end.

Good luck to everybody. By the way, I am from China.

Bill

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi all, i am just starting to do my research about this business. I have seen many websites that offer wholesale blank shirts and what not, but i can't find what I'M looking for. Which is somewhere that I can give a company exact measurements for my sizes(geared towards bodybuilders who cant fit normal shirts) and still buy in bulk.

Thanks for Any Help.:)
How many t-shirts are you looking to buy "per style"? Where are you located?

That will help us give you suggestions on who to contact. There may be local manufacturers that can do what you need depending on the minimum orders you're looking for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At first only one style possibly 20-50 shirts to test the market. I'm located in Tallahassee Florida.

And thanks for changing the title. Sorry I'm new to this.

·
Registered
372 Posts
your getting way ahead of yourself. To have things manufactured you have to purchase alot! If people could get 20-50 shirts to their exact specifications everyone would doing it. But if you find a place please let me know! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
your getting way ahead of yourself. To have things manufactured you have to purchase alot! If people could get 20-50 shirts to their exact specifications everyone would doing it. But if you find a place please let me know! :D
Okay. That's why I'm on here. To learn what I need to do. So maybe 500? :confused:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Okay. That's why I'm on here. To learn what I need to do. So maybe 500? :confused:
sorry I didn't mean to sound rude. I would say at least 1,000. The places that don't have a high minimum usually don't offer high quality. I'm pretty sure alternative apparel offers custom "prefrences." No sure exactly what you mean by

"........exact measurements for my sizes(geared towards bodybuilders who cant fit normal shirts)"

but starting out I would find a company that manufactures shirts to your liking. check out "bare apparel"

·
Registered
49 Posts
I sold 800 rayon jersey shirts to a customer. 4 colors 3 sizes. I charged her $8.00 a piece. She retails them for $29.00 so it's OK. Depends on what you can afford.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
At first only one style possibly 20-50 shirts to test the market. I'm located in Tallahassee Florida.

And thanks for changing the title. Sorry I'm new to this.
With quantities that small, it will be near impossible to get t-shirts custom made.

If you do find a company that will make them, the cost per t-shirt to produce them will be so high (maybe close to $100 each since they might be considered "samples" at that small of a quantity) that you would probably lose money selling them.

If you are looking for blank t-shirts that fit body builders, I think you could probably look around at the various manufacturers that are currently out there, buy a few samples and maybe find something that fits your needs. There are a LOT of different styles, fits and fabrics out there these days. I wouldn't be surprised if there were brands that tailored to body builder types.

When people are looking to get custom blank t-shirts, they are usually looking at 1000's per style, per color. Once you're at that point, it shouldn't be hard to find a manufacturer like summitapparel.com, fesslerusa.com, simplycottoninc.com or one of the many international manufacturers at alibaba.com to product blanks to your specifications.

Some other brands have smaller minimums around 600 pieces for custom cut and sewn items like AlternativeApparel, BareApparel, etc

You can find some informative information about getting your own custom blank t-shirts made in these threads: cut and sew related topics at T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
49 Posts
Liyakat sweetheart,

Whenever you do anything custom, there is a development and approval process. You need to make the pattern, make a pre-production sample. Send to custmer via FedEx International along with color swatches, or custom lab dips. Once approved, you need to send TOP samples in assorted sizes and colors, and send via FedEx again. All these come out to around $300 in expenses. If customer orders only 100 shirts from you, then you need to add $3 to the cost of the shirt to cover the sample expenses. And what about left over fabric? You buy less than a roll of a color, ship only what's on the order and eat the rest of the fabric yourself? Hope you are considering everything when you make your minimum very small.:eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts