T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've been doing screenprinting for about 2 months now and I'm totally addicted to it. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can purchase the silk screen mesh without the frames. I have many frames w/o the mesh (got them from a friend), I found a couple of sites but the yard is very expensive. I'm in South Carolina.

Also, is it worth it to make your own screens?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
most suppliers woulsd carry mesh, I wouldnt remesh my own screens tho', way to much trouble...spend the coin and get the complete ones...even if they are cheap as they would prob work better that you guessing the correct tension.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you put fabric in your own screens you will need a fabric/screen stretcher and glue.

Sefar mesh is supposed to stretch LESS than other brands

You can get the glue from a hobby store much cheaper than buying from a distributor.

Some guy on YouTube even build a screen stretcher

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B76Z0ic5NnQ[/media]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've been doing screenprinting for about 2 months now and I'm totally addicted to it. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can purchase the silk screen mesh without the frames. I have many frames w/o the mesh (got them from a friend), I found a couple of sites but the yard is very expensive. I'm in South Carolina.

Also, is it worth it to make your own screens?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance :)
Hi, there. We are the supplier of screen printing mesh. I hope we can help you with it, please feel free to contact us: info at emic-tool dot com.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Check out Ebay for inexpensive mesh. 110-158 is good for most work. But I agree with Moya, for twenty bucks you can buy a screen that's properly stretched and will be square and flat. There are a lot of ways to save time and money in this business but making your own screens isn't one of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts