T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on google, here, swf mesa and east and cant find where to purchase additional platens?

Anyone have any ideas? Are they (as i'm assuming) machine specific when it comes to DTG Brand?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
You can use the tjet platens as well as the dtg. I had to call mesa to order them as I know they do not have them on their site. The original tjet line had the same size bed as the HM1 so you can use them as well. Hey since US screen has gone out of business there have been a ton of tjets for sale. Maybe contact those that are selling used tjets and see if they have any extra platens they would like to sell. You might get a better price then buying new ones, as I know they are expensive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have found that there are only 4 platens offered. Adult, Youth, Sleeve and Golf Ball. If you ask me, it's the basics.

We had contacted metal workers to get estimates on platens for our HM-1. I was looking at a platen to hold numerous baby shirts, baby winter hats, and a few other odd shaped items we would like to print. In the USA, the estimate on a Prototype was $400 average bid. Then with a required 10 purchased at $300 each. So we went overseas.

In Poland we had an old contact. We had five platens made at about $100 each. To our specification. I still have to rig how it holds the shirts since I couldn't find any rubber tubing like the DTG platens have, but it works for what it is.

I apologize, but I will not be posting pictures of our platens.

It took a lot of time measuring eveyrthing to it's perfect size, but they're wonderful!

If anybody is printing not using platens, what do you use? In the past I've even used a brick and wrapped a rubber band around it to make it happen. But that was a one-off order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts