T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new to this game gaem but i wanted to know where or is there urban long loose blank wholesale shirts? brand like ecko, mecca, rocawear, and makaveli branded?

thks alot

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
brand like ecko, mecca, rocawear, and makaveli branded?
Those are most likely custom made in overseas factories to specifics that were provided by the companies. They probably bought thousands of t-shirts to get them custom made to their exact weight, size, length specifications.

There are companies like proclub, royalapparel, etc that sell t-shirts that are geared towards a more urban market (tall tees, heavier weight tees, etc), but they probably won't be the "exact" t-shirt that rocawear/enyce/etc uses.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o kool i got some other question regarding proclub

whats the difference between heavy weight and activewear t shirt?

also is there any dimension on any of the sizes?

thanks alot guys

A

·
0 Posts
Good question

I was also wondering about prices on Proclub - maybe i'm just blind but It doesn't show any prices listed on the site when browsing through each shirt category ...

Also is there any reason in particular why you chose proclub over royal app ?? Shirt dimensions, prices ??

About the heavy weight and Active wear ... According to the site it appears both active wear and heavy weight are 100 percent cotton and both weigh in the range of 6.1-6.3 oz ... Maybe one is tailored more for width and the other for height ?? hmm... Either that or the difference is just in the thickness of the shirt ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i didnt seem to find the pricing on the shirts there. i guess you need a quote for the quanity of shirts you are buyin? anyone know if they do sample shirts?

·
Registered
52 Posts
PRO CLUB is the most over rated shirt on the market!!!!!!! Ever since I got here all I heard was that ProClub was the best urban t-shirt. I did my research and everybody else seemed to be in agreement also. I went to the website and everything of the brand seemed perfect with it's heavy weight cotton tees and wide variety of colors. I thought I had found the right shirt to build my brand, but to make sure, I ordered 5 individual t-shirts off eBay.

When they arrived I was totally dissapointed! This wasn't what I had anticipated. The clothing isn't really urban, the material isn't really great, and it doesn't bring out HIGH QUALITY in the t-shirts. Plus the customer service is horrible....your the customer, your giving them money, the least they can do is show respect.

This is just my personal opinion on the brand........and I would never buy it again. I think this post would be the FIRST TIME somebody has went against ProClub.

Anyway guess like my only solution is to custom order the shirts to my specifics, or find a better urban t-shirt supplier.

·
2,957 Posts
I agree with the comment about their customer service. It really does stink, and I have been looking for another alternative for shirts, myself.

I do think the quality of the material is excellent, though. The main thing I have a problem with is you have to buy $6,000 worth of products in 6 months or risk losing your account. I'm also not a big fan of the way they fit, although I've never have complaints.

The problem is that they are the only company that I can find that has heavyweight 100% cotton t-shirts, in the variety of colors that I need. Royal Apparel's color selection for male shirts is disappointing.

Any suggestions, anybody?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
This wasn't what I had anticipated. The clothing isn't really urban, the material isn't really great, and it doesn't bring out HIGH QUALITY in the t-shirts.
"High Quality" is pretty subjective. As you've seen, some people feel that ProClub is high quality, others don't. Not everyone will agree, but it's one brand that people should check out and get samples from. It may be that it's the perfect fit for them, it may be that they want to keep looking.

I think this post would be the FIRST TIME somebody has went against ProClub.
I bought ProClub samples from eBay and I posted here in a thread a while back that I didn't think they were that great either. I just don't feel the need to point that out in each of the proclub threads that come up. People can check them out and come to their own decision :)

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Just curious Rodney. Ultimately for a hip hop thicker white blank shirt, what is your personal opinion for whats the best?
I don't sell to that market (although I do sometimes buy tees that fit in that market).

If I was going to sell in that market, I'd probably take another look at CityLab, ProClub, RoyalApparel and maybe Alstyle's Urban tee and see which I thought was best.

I also just got my samples of Luxe-T today, and their white blank t-shirt is pretty darn nice. I haven't washed it yet, but it has a tight neck and is a nice weight.

·
2,957 Posts
I LOVE Luxe-T's!

They're pretty expensive, though. I've been thinking about using them and adding some swarovski crystals and maybe some embroidery and make them high-end.

Very nice shirts, though.

There's not much shrinkage when you wash them, Rodney. They hold up very well. You should be pleased after you wash it a few times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have contact info for CityLab? Do they have a web site? I'm searching everywhere and the best I can find is an ebay store selling CityLab product. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
citylabusa.com their stuff looks pretty official. i will most likely go with them if they dont pull a lux-t and require a $1k sale to open an account.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Does anyone have contact info for CityLab? Do they have a web site? I'm searching everywhere and the best I can find is an ebay store selling CityLab product. Thanks
I got my citylab t-shirts from the eBay seller (although I was just buying small quantities to sample)

I think citylabusa is the official website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey

Just had to pop in on this topic. The Luxe-t brand is probably the premiere brand of upscale t-shirts in the DC/MD area. I'm new to the t-shirt game and "i'm amazed by the knowledge gained in just a few days on this forum.

Thanks

Hopefully, i'll be a help to someone the way you've helped me!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I buy mine from Wasatch. They are AEON Tall Tees. They come in short and long sleeve and 2XTall to 6XTall. The colors available are White, Royal, Red, Grey, Chocolate, Burgandy and Black. Website WASATCH - Tees of Atlanta phone 1-800-544-9096. I like the quality and my customers do too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Guys,
I'm a fan of Heavyweight Urban Tee's myself.
I've tried several heavyweight tees but
out of Pro-club, Pro-5 and Shaka Wear,
I found out Shaka wear's quality was impressive.
People often talks about Heavyweight shirts so
I've done some research myself by weighting each products.
I've weigh Pro club & Pro 5,
they both weigh abt. 210~215 gsm.
which gives 6.0 ~6.3 oz.
Shaka Tees weigh abt. 235~240 gsm.
which gives 6.8~7.1 oz. plus these shirts are
manufacture domestic in Downtown Los Angeles.
Check them out.
I've got Shaka wear's info. through this forum.
www.shakawear.us

·
Registered
48 Posts
how are the citylab tees in terms of fit, weight compared to proclub/shaka ??? the weight says 195g on their site, whats that in ounces? i like shirts where the neck is tight and doesnt stretch out in the wash.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts