T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Generally you want to use an underbase when printing on a dark shirt. If you don't, some colors will barely show up.

If you can print/flash/print and the color looks good, you can usually avoid the extra screen.

That's a pretty basic answer, but there are many other uses and techniques for underbases.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am assuming WHITE as an underbase? Any ink or do you have to use a special underbase ink? I also assume that "darK" refers to Black, Navy Blue, etc... what about royal blue... is that considered a dark?

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Typically underbases are done with white ink...some printers prefer to use gray. There is no special underbase ink that I know of.

I think everything besides white could be considered a dark garment...just takes getting to know your inks to know when you'll need white under to make the design pop. If the shirt color changes what you think the ink should look like, use a base.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am assuming WHITE as an underbase? Any ink or do you have to use a special underbase ink? I also assume that "darK" refers to Black, Navy Blue, etc... what about royal blue... is that considered a dark?

Thanks
Yes, royal is a dark color.
If you are printing colors that are lighter than the shirt you should use an underbase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.