T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering when is it appropriate to use the flash dryer. Do I need to flash between all colors EVERY time or is it when color overlap as the other ink will get in the washed-out screen?

·
Administrator
14,202 Posts
Generally you want to flash when you are printing on to dark garments and you are laying down a white underbase.

You also flash on both darks and lights on a 2+ color job where the colors are touching. If you don't flash, the color could mix and turn a different color.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so just to clarify,
I do not have to flash when the colors overlap or touch? The ink that touches the bottom of the screen of the other color will not affect it?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Devon you need to read the post agian above your last one.

I think it is best to flash if your colors are touching another color or laying over another color.

If you are doing a 4 color job and nothing is touch--I mean everything is in registration then there is no need to flash unless you are puting a white underbase in which the white should be flashed but not totally dried.

I do a number of 4 colrs and the inks may be inside another color but not touching(called butt register I believe). If all is in register just lay your 1st color and proceed to the next. All should work great . I am assumiming tho that you have a multi color press and not a single press .

Hope this helps

Dad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts